SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    colleges requiring COVID 19 Vaccination for attendance
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

colleges requiring COVID 19 Vaccination for attendance Login/Join 
posted
State-by-state look at colleges requiring COVID-19 vaccinesThe complete list of higher education institutions mandating vaccination for the fall 2021-22 semester.By: Chris Burt | May 11, 2021

These are the colleges and universities requiring COVID-19 vaccinations in some form for the start of the 2021-22 academic year. Some are mandating that faculty and students be vaccinated as well, while some are only requiring that students living on campus receive vaccines. Almost all of those listed below are accepting religious and medical exemptions.

(This list is updated as of 8:30 a.m. EST on May 14)

The latest: Two upstate New York universities – Clarkson and St. Lawrence – announced they are mandating vaccines for students. Clarkson is also making that requirement for faculty and staff.

“Clarkson’s decision is aligned with the recent announcement by Gov. Cuomo that SUNY and CUNY campuses will require vaccination for the fall semester and is consistent with the recommendations of the American College Health Association, which made a statement last month recognizing that comprehensive COVID-19 vaccination is the most effective way for institutions of higher education to return to a safe, robust on-campus experience for students in fall semester 2021,” Kelly Chezum, vice president for external relations, wrote in a letter to the Clarkson community.

In its FAQ section on vaccines on its website, St. Lawrence said, “It is not uncommon for universities to mandate that students be vaccinated against dangerous diseases that can transmit easily throughout the student population on a residential campus.”

Another private institution, Middlebury College in Vermont, also said it will mandate vaccination for the fall.

CALIFORNIA: California Institute of Technology, California State University (with FDA approval: Bakersfield, Channel Islands, Chico, Dominguez, East Bay, Fresno, Fullerton, Long Beach, Los Angeles, Maritime Academy, Monterey Bay, Northridge, Polytechnic University at Pomona, Sacremento, San Bernardino, San Luis Obispo, San Marcos, Stanislaus), Chapman University, Claremont McKenna College, Dominican University of California, Harvey Mudd College, Humboldt State University, Loyola Marymount University, Menlo College, Occidental College, Pitzer College, Pomona College, Samuel Merritt University, Santa Clara University, Scripps College, Southwestern College, Stanford University, University of California system (with FDA approval: Berkeley, Davis, Irvine, Los Angeles, Merced, Riverside, San Diego, San Francisco, Santa Barbara, Santa Cruz, ), University of San Diego, University of Southern California

COLORADO: Colorado College, Colorado State University system (must have FDA approval, Fort Collins, Pueblo), Fort Lewis College, Metropolitan State University of Denver, Regis University, University of Denver, University of Colorado (Anschutz Medical Campus, Boulder, Denver, Colorado Springs), University of Northern Colorado

CONNECTICUT: Connecticut College, Trinity College, Wesleyan University, Yale University

DELAWARE: University of Delaware, Delaware State University

GEORGIA: Clark Atlanta University, Emmanuel College, Emory University, Morehouse College, Spelman College

ILLINOIS: Columbia College, DePaul University, Loyola University Chicago, Northwestern University, Roosevelt University

INDIANA: DePauw University, Holy Cross College, St. Mary’s College, University of Notre Dame, Valparaiso University

IOWA: Grinnell College

KENTUCKY: Barea College

MAINE: Bates College, Bowdoin College, College of the Atlantic, Saint Joseph’s College

MARYLAND: Bowie State University, Coppin State University, Frostburg State University, Johns Hopkins University, Loyola Maryland University, Morgan State University, Mount St. Mary’s University, Salisbury University, Towson University, University of Baltimore, University of Maryland (College Park, Baltimore, Baltimore County, Global Campus, Eastern Shore, Center for Environmental Science)

MASSACHUSETTS: Amherst College, Anna Maria College, Assumption University, Berklee College of Music, Boston College, Boston University, Brandeis University, Bridgewater State University, College of the Holy Cross, Curry College, Emerson College, Evergreen State College, Fitchburg State University, Framingham State University, Hampshire College, Harvard University, Lasell University, Lesely University, Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts, Massachusetts College of Pharmacy & Health Sciences, MIT, Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Mount Holyoke University, Northeastern University, Salem State University, Simmons University, Smith College, Springfield College, Suffolk University, Tufts University, University of Massachusetts (Amherst, Boston, Dartmouth, Lowell), Westfield State University, Wheaton College, William James College, Williams College, Worcester State University

MICHIGAN: Kalamazoo College, Lawrence Technological University, Oakland University, University of Michigan

MINNESOTA: Carleton College, Macalester College

MISSOURI: Culver Stockton College, Washington University

NEVADA: Touro University Nevada

NEW HAMPSHIRE: Dartmouth College, Southern New Hampshire University

NEW JERSEY: Drew University, Fairleigh Dickinson University, Kean University, Montclair State University, Mount St. Mary’s University, New Jersey City University, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Princeton University, Rider University, Rowan University, Rutgers University, Stevens Institute of Technology, Stockton University

NEW YORK: Alfred University, Barnard College, Cazenovia College, Clarkson University, Colgate University, Columbia University, Cornell University, Five Towns College, Fordham University, Hamilton College, Ithaca College, Jewish Theological Seminary of America, Le Moyne College, Manhattanville College, New York University, Pace University, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Rochester Institute of Technology, Sarah Lawrence College, Siena College, Skidmore College (summer only), St. John’s University, St. Lawrence University, Syracuse University, The New School, Union College, University of Rochester, Vassar College.

City University of New York (pending FDA approval of one vaccine) (Baruch College, Borough of Manhattan CC, Bronx CC, Brooklyn College, College of Staten Island, Newmark Graduate School of Journalism, Graduate Center, Graduate School of Public Health and Policy, School of Labor and Urban Studies, School of Law, School of Professional Studies, Guttman CC, Hostos CC, Hunter College, John Jay College of Criminal Justice, Kingsborough CC, LaGuardia CC, Lehman College, Macaulay Honors College, Medgar Evers College, New York City College of Technology, Queens College, Queensborough Community College, City College of New York, York College).

State University of New York (pending FDA approval of one vaccine) (Adirondack, University at Albany, Alfred University, Alfred State University, Binghamton University, Bockport, Broome, University at Buffalo, Buffalo State, Canton, Cayuga CC, Clinton CC, Cobleskill, Columbia Greene CC, Cornell University (NY State College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, College of Human Ecology, School of Industrial and Labor Relations and College of Veterinary Medicine), Corning, Cortland, Delhi, Downstate, Dutchess CC, Empire, College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Erie, Farmingdale State College, Fashion Institute of Technology, Finger Lakes CC, Fredonia, Fulton-Montgomery CC, Genesee CC, Geneseo, Herkimer, Hudson Valley CC, Jamestown CC, Jefferson, Maritime College, Mohawk Valley CC, New Paltz, Niagara County CC, North Country CC, Old Westbury, Oneonta, Onondaga, College of Optometry, Orange, Oswego, Plattsburgh, Potsdam, Purchase College, Rockland CC, Schenectady, Stony Brook University, Suffolk County CC, Sullivan, Polytechnic Institute, Tompkins Cortland CC, Ulster, Upstate Medical University, Westchester CC

NORTH CAROLINA: Brevard College, Duke University, Livingstone College, Union Presbysterian Seminary-Charlotte, Wake Forest University

OHIO: Cleveland State University, Kenyon College, Mt. St. Joseph University

OREGON: Lewis & Clark University, Oregon State University, Portland State University, University of Portland, Southern Oregon University, Western Oregon University, Willamette University

PENNSYLVANIA: Bryn Mawr College, Bucknell University, Carnegie Mellon University, Dickinson College, Drexel University, Haverford College, Lehigh University, Muhlenberg University, Swarthmore College, Thomas Jefferson University, University of Pennsylvania, University of the Sciences

RHODE ISLAND: Brown University, Johnson & Wales University, Roger Williams University

SOUTH CAROLINA: Wofford College

TENNESSEE: Maryville College

TEXAS: Paul Quinn College, St. Edward’s University

VERMONT: Bennington College, Champlaign College, Middlebury College, St. Michael’s College

VIRGINIA: Bridgewater College, Hampton University, Hollins University, Mary Baldwin University, Marymount University, Randolph-Macon College, Union Presbyterian Seminary, Virginia Wesleyan University

WASHINGTON: Central Washington University, Evergreen State College, Pacific Lutheran, Seattle University, University of Washington (Tacoma, Bothell, Seattle), Washington State University, Western Washington University, Whitman College

WASHINGTON, D.C.: American University, George Washington University, Georgetown University, Trinity Washington University

WISCONSIN: Lawrence University

To send updates or to discuss reopening strategies for the fall, email reporter Chris Burt at cburt@lrp.com

LINK: https://universitybusiness.com...s-requiring-vaccines

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
KENTUCKY: Barea College

It's Berea not Barea, and it's a small private Christian liberal arts school, incidentally the first college in the south to be coeducational and integrated... no surprise.

June 11 all COVID restrictions being lifted by Lil Andy in time for fall election cycle....

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
Sad to see my Alma Mater on the list.

Cleveland State you let me down once again.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What about federal military academies?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Pending I would imagine based upon what Big Army decides for its troops. Likewise for the other Acadamies.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
TEXAS: Paul Quinn College, St. Edward’s University

Had to look both of them up. Both private universities.
Dallas & Austin, respectively.
quote:
Paul Quinn College is a private historically black Methodist college in Dallas, Texas. The college is affiliated with the African Methodist Episcopal Church. It is the oldest historically black college west of the Mississippi River and the nation's first urban work college.

quote:
St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic university in Austin, Texas. It was founded and operated in the Holy Cross tradition.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15288 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Of course. I'm surprised the list isn't much longer. The indoctrination camps are in the business of turning out fully programmed leftist.

Posts: 1967 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
How many will cheat and make a fake vaccine card Wink

The card is pretty cheezy looking.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I’m curious how many will have adverse reactions. And see if opinions of cost can benefit changes. If there are notable adverse reactions, it may not bode well for the mandates.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
radioman...

I have a PDF of the original card the CDC is using if you want it (blank card)...

The "Boz"

Posts: 1531 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just another reason not to waste your money, time and mind on a traditional college education.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Time for a mutiny.

Let the lawsuits fly.
This cannot be allowed to stand.

Demanding injection of crap into your body is beyond acceptable.

Many college kids and parents have already invested vast amounts of time and money for education.
To demand that they be injected with this new experimental mRNA gene altering drug to complete their education is unacceptable.

What are the long term ramifications?
What are the potential harm that may come to offsprings of these young college students?

This crap is not safe, it is new technology.

My advice to college kids is lie, like a Democrat and don’t think twice about it.
Keep that experimental stuff out of your bodies.

Fauci Admits — Roughly half of NIH employees have chosen not to get vaccine…
That right there tells you all you need to know.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kimber1911,

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Not surprising that most of the PA schools on the list are Philly area schools.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
My school is on the list, but as an employee it's not required. At least not yet.

Bring on the lawsuits!

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

Let the lawsuits fly.

The only problem with lawsuits is they are expensive and slow. The only winners are the lawyers, and those who put the vaccination policies in place really have no liability. Hell, they make the same salary, enjoy their tenure, and they don't lose a minute of sleep over it. In fact, many enjoy the extra attention.

Other than Sports, when have you heard about much of anything going on in college administration? These guys finally get to feel important, again, with zero risk to them professionally or personally.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10907 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
“I’m in the control group”

Or say nothing at all

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
At my univ the students have been tested twice a week, all semester. I can se why mandating vaccinations makes things easies, but I'm curious if the testing will stop all together.

Posts: 21101 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rev. A. J. Forsyth:
Sad to see my Alma Mater on the list.

Cleveland State you let me down once again.

Ditto. My kid wasn't planning on going there anyway. They have revitalize the college and built up alot of stuff. But he's still not going there.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8013 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
“I’m in the control group”

Or say nothing at all

Probably better advice than lying.

Democrats can do it with ease, where as conservatives have difficulty and inadvertently will tip their hat.

This would be a truthful statement.
“I prefer to keep my medical history confidential, maintaining the sanctity of the doctor patient relationship.”

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
What about all the people that already had COVID, and recovered, who therefore have antibodies/natural immunity already? It seems they NEVER acknowledge this HUGE group of MILLIONS of people that have NO need for the vaccine! Roll Eyes

Anyway, my son's high school announced today that they have confirmed a 'closed POD of the Pfizer vaccine' for all students ages 12-18. Apparently a POD is a self powered ULT (Ultra-Low Temperature) container for transport, storage and distribution of vaccines. Of course I only know that because I had to 'google' it as the 'over-educated educators' seem to Absolutely SUCK at communication, and failed to define this new fancy acronym they got to use in the announcement! Roll Eyes

Sooo, they seem really proud of themselves and as part of the announcement, emailed lots of info/document packages on the vaccine/program ....At least two of the documents included the following statement:

"The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine is a vaccine and may prevent you from getting COVID-19. There is no U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved vaccine to prevent COVID-19."

Oh and Yeah, he's Definitely NOT getting the Vaccine!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8867 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post