SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Yale student accidentally gets Illegal Father detained by Immigration
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Yale student accidentally gets Illegal Father detained by Immigration Login/Join 
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:

<<snip>>

A college prof in the room before me was teaching a class involving Hispanic culture. From leftovers at the end of class (that he didn't clean up), it was clear he was teaching hate America and Hispanic dominance over the US.

based on the current political economy of everyplace that speaks Spanish including California I don't think they could dominate a bridge tournament.

Posts: 6386 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Viviana, who is majoring in ethnicity, race and migration

You go to Yale and that’s what you major in?!? What’s the job market for someone with a degree like that?...

Oh wait. She gets a law degree and just becomes a professional pain-in-the-ass.

On one hand, that is so ridiculous. On the other hand, that is so real. I don't know if I should laugh or cry (maybe both).
That degree is a $160k-$200k precursor to becoming a barista

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
quote:
Viviana, who is majoring in ethnicity, race and migration

WTF kind of major is that?

A different one from what she first said:
"She says she doesn’t know yet if she wants to major in chemistry, history or both, but has the upcoming school year to decide."
That was an interview in 2015 with the huffington Post.

Her Father, did illegally enter the country in 1988. He was caught in 1997 again illegally entering the country. Deported in 1998 he returned illegally once more. His current deportation issue stems from 1998.

I'm willing to get the application for the green card resulted in his illegal entires sending up a red flag.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Reminds me of a line in a song, "don't do the crime if you can't do the time". That ought to be a theme song!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post