SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first new car in 16 years. 2018 ZL1 1LE PIC added
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first new car in 16 years. 2018 ZL1 1LE PIC added Login/Join 
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Psst 173 at Nürburgring Eek

Looks more like the bat mobile than a Camero !

Enjoy it and be safe, I think I would need a lawyer on retention hehe.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of a Series
of Accidents
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Wow, I love those cars. Very high praise from the experts. Curious, how did you decide on this vs a Z06?. Just wondering as I have always wanted a vette, but these ZL1s are very impressive.

Not a corvette guy

Not old, or not white?

Wink

"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue." - Barry Goldwater

Posts: 1971 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: February 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TooTech:
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Dog:
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Wow, I love those cars. Very high praise from the experts. Curious, how did you decide on this vs a Z06?. Just wondering as I have always wanted a vette, but these ZL1s are very impressive.

Not a corvette guy

Not old, or not white?

Wink

not old yet

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:
Noice!!!

I could only afford the SS but these 6th gen camaros ROCK.

Im average height and after living with it since November I feel the visibility concerns are overblown and miss the point of the badass low-slung tradition of camaros. You sit in it, like a racecar. Because that's what it is.

Mustangs are very nice too, but they branched the grand touring direction, rather than a more raw, uncompromising sports car direction.

What a great time to love American muscle.

I agree on the visibility issue. Far overblown in my opinion. Adjust your rear view mirrors properly, have some awareness and it's no big deal.

I've had my 1SS since November 2016, STILL giddy whenever I mash the pedal and open up the NPP exhaust!

I DO wish it had a bit more interior storage space. ALL I can stash in the center console is my retired Highway Patrol badge and ID. LOL. Pretty much required gear with these cars.

https://ibb.co/m7w9c5

A shot of mine above...What color, etc....Yours?

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I showed my wife that pick and she loves it. She loves the new Camaros so we rented one a little while back. It was a blast to drive.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Ok, so I am a Corvette guy ( not particularly old, very white) but I would love to drive that for a few laps. Congrats to the OP on a very nice ride. Enjoy and be careful. Big Grin

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2756 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Very nice car, are you going to track it at all?

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Hopefully all that fast and furious crap can be removed!! What the heck is up with that wing?!

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Wreckless
posted Hide Post
The wing is needed for down force at very high speeds.

La Dolce Vita

Posts: 543 | Location: SW Florida & SNJ | Registered: July 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DonDraper:
Hopefully all that fast and furious crap can be removed!! What the heck is up with that wing?!

The ZL1 ran a top ten fastest lap at Nurburgring. It's an essential part of the vehicle. There's nothing fast and furious about it - everything you see on that car serves a purpose, front the rear spoiler to the front fascia air deflectors.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/ca...ap-records/?slide=10

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
Awesome ride. My company makes the head gaskets and muffler shields for these.

Enjoy!

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old of a Cat,
to be licked by a Kitten
Picture of Klusk2
posted Hide Post
Awesome, looks mean Smile

The Working Police.....
"We the willing, led by the unknown, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful."

Posts: 2514 | Location: "Mag"azine Mile | Registered: February 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wreckless:
The wing is needed for down force at very high speeds.

300 lbs of down force. i thought the wing was big. But when I picked it up today and drove it back to the house 3 hour drive it grew on me. I only got it to 125. To many po po's on the road today. Handles like it's on rails. Had a lot of Dodge guys pulling up and taking pics/videos. Will post some better pics in the AM. It's been a long day

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

First washing.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I missed this the first time around. Damn...that is sharp!!! And yeah, looks mean!!!

Enjoy!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
That is one serious car.
Congrats!

I remember when I bought my first Porsche, I was looking at the specs in the owner's manual and saw that at red line in third gear it would go 99 mph....and it had three more gears!

I'm sure yours is even faster!

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6311 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
That's a serious piece of automotive hardware. Hot damn. Eek

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post