SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first new car in 16 years. 2018 ZL1 1LE PIC added
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first new car in 16 years. 2018 ZL1 1LE PIC added Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's a hell of a car. I extend this offer to all forum members, if you decide to modify it I'm happy to give you cost on parts (long tube headers would be a mean upgrade Big Grin )

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Thats a Kick Ass ride! Well done sir

Posts: 13806 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
Good God man, that is just dirty.

I've fought the urge since a buddy bought a ZL1, current Gen last year before the refresh so like 12 or 13 I think.

He's getting the itch to upgrade so I offered him 20 for his. He laughed, probably rightfully so. Thing is I'd much rather cruise with the family so I'll probably go with something classic eventually but those ZL1's make it awfully tough.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Twist:
Good God man, that is just dirty.

I've fought the urge since a buddy bought a ZL1, current Gen last year before the refresh so like 12 or 13 I think.

He's getting the itch to upgrade so I offered him 20 for his. He laughed, probably rightfully so. Thing is I'd much rather cruise with the family so I'll probably go with something classic eventually but those ZL1's make it awfully tough.

G8 is a hell of a family car, and it has a 415hp ls3 that can be upgraded to unlimited hp

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Noice!!!

I could only afford the SS but these 6th gen camaros ROCK.

Im average height and after living with it since November I feel the visibility concerns are overblown and miss the point of the badass low-slung tradition of camaros. You sit in it, like a racecar. Because that's what it is.

Mustangs are very nice too, but they branched the grand touring direction, rather than a more raw, uncompromising sports car direction.

What a great time to love American muscle.

Posts: 5127 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
http://www.caranddriver.com/re...e-first-drive-review

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Shocking performance, shocking price.
Corvette Z06–derived LT4 supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 good for 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. GM tapped Goodyear and the tiremaker brought its Eagle F1 Supercar 3R to the table: 305/30ZR-19s in the front and 325/30ZR-19 steamrollers at the rear, which is the widest tire ever fitted to a Camaro. One thing you won’t see in a ZL1 1LE is an automatic transmission. Its manual ’box is identical to the ZL1’s six-speed except for a shorter sixth gear (0.68:1 versus 0.54:1).

Highs
Tons of grip, glorious engine sounds, costs far less than it could.

Lows
It’s a Camaro, so there’s essentially no back seat, limited visibility, and nowhere to put your phone.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/t4zSIVpVMaw

That lap was #14 out of 100 for all stock cars that did a timed lap. Not bad at all. https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

Posts: 12459 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BB61:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
http://www.caranddriver.com/re...e-first-drive-review

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Shocking performance, shocking price.
Corvette Z06–derived LT4 supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 good for 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. GM tapped Goodyear and the tiremaker brought its Eagle F1 Supercar 3R to the table: 305/30ZR-19s in the front and 325/30ZR-19 steamrollers at the rear, which is the widest tire ever fitted to a Camaro. One thing you won’t see in a ZL1 1LE is an automatic transmission. Its manual ’box is identical to the ZL1’s six-speed except for a shorter sixth gear (0.68:1 versus 0.54:1).

Highs
Tons of grip, glorious engine sounds, costs far less than it could.

Lows
It’s a Camaro, so there’s essentially no back seat, limited visibility, and nowhere to put your phone.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/t4zSIVpVMaw

That lap was #14 out of 100 for all stock cars that did a timed lap. Not bad at all. https://nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

It gets squirrely around 7:00 when he's doing 168 mph and a corner and braking!!!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
What a coincidence! I was at Discount Tire today getting my tires rotated, and read an article about this very car as I was waiting. I sat and drooled over the numbers this car produces, and the looks.

Congrats, when you go all out, you GO. ALL. OUT.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very sweet ride! Congrats. Looking forward to your first "range report". Smile

Posts: 1126 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Wow! Hadn't even heard of this car before. That's AWESOME! Congratulations!

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Holy shit that, sir, is a solid choice!

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Frame the first ticket for us Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Sharp looking car, wheels and spoilers even.

You certainly waited long enough. Enjoy!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
Nice ride!

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1731 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I had to open this thread to see what in the heck a ZL1 1LE even was. I was not disappointed! Awesome ride!

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
THAT'S the way to do it! Nice, sir.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12399 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I saw the speedo go up to 172 mph. Holy crap.

So...how much?

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You can't go
home again
Picture of LBAR15
posted Hide Post
I've always been a MOPAR guy but had to chime in and say Much Respect man. That's a beautiful ride, enjoy it!

---------------------------------------
Life Member NRA

“If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." - Lao Tzu

Posts: 4635 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: June 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member!
posted Hide Post
That's one hell of a Uber ride! :-)

Posts: 4343 | Location: Boise, ID USA | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Wow!

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post