SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My first new car in 16 years. 2018 ZL1 1LE PIC added
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My first new car in 16 years. 2018 ZL1 1LE PIC added Login/Join 
posted

These are dealership photos. I will post better ones once i get it home. Leaving Saturday morning on a three hour drive to Killeen, TX and drive it back home. Color is nightfall gray metallic. Hood is black wrapped with carbon fiber hood insert and wing on the back. This is going to be a long three days.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blue Dog,

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Holy Shit! Nothing like going all the way when You do it!

I've got a 17, 1SS and even THAT level of performance is astounding. You Sir are in for a real treat.

Good Luck with it.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tuckerrnr1
posted Hide Post
Very nice ride.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
didn't know anything about the ZL1

looks pretty awesome

big congrats!

http://www.caranddriver.com/re...maro-zl1-test-review

where is that thread about feeling jealous of others' stuff?

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Wow looks good. What horsepower are those Camaro, 650 hp?

Posts: 2675 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
Wow looks good. What horsepower are those Camaro, 650 hp?

Yes 650

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Auto or manual?

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
http://www.caranddriver.com/re...e-first-drive-review

2018 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
Shocking performance, shocking price.
Corvette Z06–derived LT4 supercharged 6.2-liter V-8 good for 650 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque. GM tapped Goodyear and the tiremaker brought its Eagle F1 Supercar 3R to the table: 305/30ZR-19s in the front and 325/30ZR-19 steamrollers at the rear, which is the widest tire ever fitted to a Camaro. One thing you won’t see in a ZL1 1LE is an automatic transmission. Its manual ’box is identical to the ZL1’s six-speed except for a shorter sixth gear (0.68:1 versus 0.54:1).

Highs
Tons of grip, glorious engine sounds, costs far less than it could.

Lows
It’s a Camaro, so there’s essentially no back seat, limited visibility, and nowhere to put your phone.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/t4zSIVpVMaw

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
Looks solid and fast. Nice!

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vanwall:
Auto or manual?

All 1LE are 6 speed manual. You can get a 10 speed automatic in the regular ZL1.

posted Hide Post
Dream car status!

Congrats!

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Do you have a bail bond number programmed into you phone yet?

Nice ride.......

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
Im not a Chevy, but damn, that's nice. Good luck with it.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7489 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Wow, I love those cars. Very high praise from the experts. Curious, how did you decide on this vs a Z06?. Just wondering as I have always wanted a vette, but these ZL1s are very impressive.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
Nice ride. For comparison, what did you trade in (or what were you driving before)?

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2540 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig77:
Wow, I love those cars. Very high praise from the experts. Curious, how did you decide on this vs a Z06?. Just wondering as I have always wanted a vette, but these ZL1s are very impressive.

Not a corvette guy

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tailhook 84:
Nice ride. For comparison, what did you trade in (or what were you driving before)?

No trade. Daily driver is a 2010 GMC 2500 HD. Had Camaros and mustangs from mid 90's to 2001

Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
I would be in sooooo much trouble with one.

Sweet ride. I hope you enjoy the hell out of it!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! What a great looking new car. Congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
My first new car in 16 years. 2018 ZL1 1LE

Go big or go home. Smile

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post