SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Health professionals report cases where people put sunscreen on their eyeballs to watch eclipse
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Health professionals report cases where people put sunscreen on their eyeballs to watch eclipse Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I don't know if the story's true or not. Seems to be only the one source for it. But it sure is making the rounds.

Seems unlikely. If you've ever gotten sun screen in your eyes you know it burns like hell.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NASA TV had live crews in Charleston during the eclipse. They interviewed the physics professor at a local college/university who was in charge of the school's eclipse events. The eclipse coincided with move in day for freshmen at the school. As a result of parents having difficulty securing hotel rooms, school staff was reportedly asked on numerous occasions to kindly reschedule the eclipse so as not to disrupt move in activities.

Posts: 1314 | Location: Gainesville, VA | Registered: February 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
To quote me dear old mum:

"With the right ad campaign half the population will put arsenic on their Wheaties."
And they should--preferably before having children.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
California and Virginia: two very blue states.

Unless it changed while I was not looking, only the 3 northern most counties in Virginia are actually blue. Insanity has not struck the others, so far.

Oh, and I forgot the gubboners mansion.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't think this is fake news. I use to live in Redding a 1/4 mile from this Urgent care and worked with Trish Patterson at the local hospital before the urgent care opened. I belief she is a nurse practitioner. It sounds like poor reporting the way the quote was written. I doubt if that was verbatim what Trish said. As far as this occurring in two "blue states", while California is liberal as a whole, this part of the state is very conservative.

Posts: 333 | Registered: January 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 516 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post