SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bosch dishwashers
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bosch dishwashers Login/Join 
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted
Our 16 year old washer died.
Wife has been looking at Kitchen Aide.
She started talking to girlfriends and is now considering Bosch.
Two weeks of visits to the usual vendors have her hands red and her mind scrambled.
What does the hive have for input?

****Update****
After two weeks of hand washing, my wife finally settled for a Bosch. After one week of use, she is happy. Thanks for the input!
Another successful mining of the mind/experience trust known as SIGforum.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Hunthelp,

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Bosch. It's been fine, though you have to keep the screen clean. It's the Euro model, without the heated dry. Cleans fine.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2363 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've had Bosch dishwashers in two houses going back about 17 years. A brass inlet fitting on one of them cracked once and we had to replace it. Never thought twice about them other than that. Very quiet and the dishes are always clean. What else is there to ask out of a dishwasher?

Posts: 2476 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
My wife and her side of the family swear by them. I got one for her for an early Mother's Day gift a few weeks ago far below MSRP, it has made quite a difference in cleanliness, and it is QUIET.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And say my glory was
I had such friends.
Picture of Hunthelp
posted Hide Post
She is concerned about the non heat drying actually frying dishes.

"I don't shoot well, but I shoot often." - Pres. T. Roosevelt

Posts: 1941 | Location: Chandler, AZ | Registered: June 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
We have a Bosch and it is very good. Cleans nicely and crazy quiet. Sometimes it is difficult to even know that it is on.

The only issue is if you leave it closed up for a couple days the stench is horrendous. I presume that it is because it seals up so tight there is no airflow in there and stuff goes rank rather quickly.
I presume this is a consequence of it being so quiet. The Frigidaire this replaced was quite loud but never really stunk.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25405 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The first time I ran mine after the installation I swore it wasn't working. I had to put my ear up on the door to verify. Yes, it is just that quiet.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunthelp:
She is concerned about the non heat drying actually frying dishes.

The non heat drying requires using the higher temp water setting and a rinse agent. We initially missed this and were disappointed but once we got the settings correct the dishes were quite dry at the end. The bonus is that there is no heat element for plastic dishes or utensils to fall on and melt. Great dishwasher

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1493 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
We got one six months ago and really like it. A quality product that works great and is near silent.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
People like them, but as noted they are known for not having a heating element to dry dishes, and for having a bad smell. Not everyone gets the smell, but it is not uncommon, so there must be some combination of circumstances that causes it, possibly linked to the absence of the drying element.

They rely on condensation on the cooler stainless walls from the hot water to dry dishes. Important to note they have a water heating element in the line to one of the pumps to get the water very hot, about 160 F. I also understand parts are not readily available, but that was close to 10 years ago when we opted for a different brand. Part of the reason they are quiet is that they lack food disposal/grinder. They also use two smaller pumps instead of 1 larger one, and tend to have a smaller capacity than American dishwashers, but I understand that they now offer a larger capacity model.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We were going to go with Bosch, but the local appliance shop suggested Miele. They sell both. We are very happy. It has some version of a disposal system but if it's a chopper I've never noticed any different noise. I've rarely even heard the Miele running, and never from outside the kitchen.

No heat dry is not a big deal to us. We don't use a rinse aid, and sometimes plastic is wet, but it is barely so and dries quickly once removed from the washer.

Posts: 515 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Ours has been fine for the last year and a half. It is very quiet and it's not even one of the super quiet ones.

Only issue we have had is that every now and then the little door to the compartment where you put the detergent doesn't spring open all the way and the detergent doesn't go out into the washer. Probably happened 6 or 8 times ever. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Team Apathy
posted Hide Post
Love our Bosch. I was never a fan of dishwashers because everyone I ever used over my life did not work. The Bosch changed my opinion. The lack of grinder doesn't bother me because I rinse first. I probably don't need to rinse but it's a habit from past crappy dishwashers. As others have said, it's crazy quiet. Plastic is sometimes still wet but everything else is good to go. I think we got ours for about $340 at a Sears outlet, brand new.

We bought a new range/oven at the same time.... a Samsung that I love just as much as the dishwasher.

Posts: 6360 | Location: Modesto, CA | Registered: January 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
Love the Bosch. Very quiet and trouble free.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Bosch at the lake. Lowes was running a free installation program so had them install it. The unit died (display went bad) within two months, Lowes removed it and installed a new one. That one has been good for 3 years. Was told that to get the energy star rating, most brands do not have heated dry option anymore.

Posts: 185 | Location: Deep Creek Lake, MD, Stuart, FL.  | Registered: December 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We've bought 3 Bosch dishwashers for different houses, and the newest ones (middle of the line) have been stellar in cleaning, extremely quiet. Bought from Lowes.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Several people have mentioned no heat dry. Is this a big deal?

In all the years that I have had dishwashers, probably forty years or more, I have always used the "no heat" dry setting. When the washer cycle is finished I just open the door and let the dishes finish air-drying. Have I been doing it wrong?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30640 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had a Bosch dishwasher for about 5 years now and it's still going strong. I have an open floor plan with wood floors and smooth ceilings and you still have to walk over to it to make sure it's running.

My only two complaints:

1) not really a complaint, but... I've closed the dishwasher without actually turning it on and walked away only to realize hours later that the dishes aren't clean. Can't stress enough how quiet these things are.

2) It loves to tell you when it's done with the most annoying beep that won't shut up until you open the door.

Posts: 728 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
We have a Bosch and it is very good. Cleans nicely and crazy quiet. Sometimes it is difficult to even know that it is on.

+1.

Would buy again.

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We're 5 years into ours and it's been very good. The no heat drying works fine. Very satisfied.

Posts: 830 | Location: STL | Registered: January 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post