SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    On the lookout for cheap Chinese 12v batteries
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

On the lookout for cheap Chinese 12v batteries Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
I was at WalMart getting a load test on my car battery. I looked around to see if they had any replacement stock made in the USA. I didn't want a Chinese made product. I found this:

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
"MADE IN SAUDI ARABIA"

So, is it better than the Chinese made one?

Or, maybe it'll go "BOOM"? Eek

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Beats the hell out of me. I got my free Load Test (504CCA out of 800) and went elsewhere to get my AGM battery. Stupid car requires an AGM due to the Auto Start/Stop feature.

Made in Saudi, works in the summer, sucks in the winter?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I stared at that for a while, looking for the country of origin sticker. Finally found it.

I did not know that they had that kind of industry there.

I think maybe if they are the only two choices, I would buy the "made in China" flavor.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
I believe you people are missing the upside of this. At least it doesn't say "made in Afghanistan" (or worse, NK).

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by craglawnmanor:
I believe you people are missing the upside of this. At least it doesn't say "made in Afghanistan" (or worse, NK).

You do realize that 15 of the original 19 9/11 terrorists were Saudi Arabia nationals, right? Wink

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Interesting find. My limited understanding is Saudi Arabia has a real problem in that other than oil, they have no resources to build an economy on.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
OK. I'd guess they have fewer strangling regulations than a US company. I don't know that I've ever seen or owned something made in Saudi Arabia. Well, except gasoline.

Now lets look at the other side of this. We had a poster who pointed out that if you see a well made building in North Africa, you can be pretty sure it was built by the Romans. The reason was Arab men won't work. We're too PC to just point out they're lazy bastards. Worse, things made here in the US won't last nearly as long as things the Romans made 2K years ago. I know, they had better chemistry back then and made concrete that doesn't decay right after its poured.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I put one in Tabitha's car 2 years ago and it's still going strong. I couldn't beat $49 for a battery for a totaled car.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I forget the part number but some of the Delco replacement batteries were and still probably are made in Saudi Arabia. At least prior to the end of June when I retired from working in GM dealerships they were. Seeing those was a WTF moment for sure.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
It's probably still made by Chinese or Southeast Asians.

A large portion of Saudi labor is actually migrant workers from the Philippines, China, Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post