SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    flying southwest ths week, do i need a CV19 test ??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

flying southwest ths week, do i need a CV19 test ?? Login/Join 
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Sooo, can I fly 'Bank Robber style' wearing my bandanna? Serious question... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8862 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of passengers do. So long as it covers nose and mouth and doesn't have a vent, you shouldn't have a problem. Airlines do offer surgical masks if whatever you bring doesn't make he grade.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
Likely? So not an actuality yet. I think it might be disputed. If simple little me thinks, hmm, that seems very prejudiced, well, I wonder what the courts will think? It sounds like a discrimination lawsuit waiting to happen. Perhaps I’d feel differently if I were on a 20 hour flight and someone was hacking up a storm behind me.
I sure hope they have their ducks in a row, because god forbid airline personnel screws up the screening test.
I’ve been flying American and Delta, and haven’t felt any more concerned than anywhere else (grocery store, etc). They’ve done a great job of managing their passengers and maintaining protocol without prying further into people’s business or health concerns.
Maybe it’ll open a new opportunity for another airline.

American doesn't do shit for managing their passengers. It's all about load factors; squeeze as many as possible on board and go.

An airline is not required to carry you. Should you be determined to be a safety risk to the flight, the airline may remove you, and the pilot in command has the final authority, and the final word, insofar as removal. That is to say, if the airline determines the requirements, the captain cannot allow on board someone who violates those requirements, but may also remove anyone he deems a threat to the safety of the flight. Remaining aboard, at a minimum, must meet those two thresholds, and a court cannot order the captain to carry anyone deemed a hazard.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Sooo, can I fly 'Bank Robber style' wearing my bandanna? Serious question... Wink

Prepare to reveal your identity to TSA. We flew United to Florida last month, during screening at our home airport (Moline IL) and then again at Ft Lauderdale the TSA person asked us to briefly pull down our masks while checking the photo ID.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ThankGod4Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
And Quantas will require proof of a vaccine. Others likely to follow.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-55048438

There is no "U" in Qantas.

There won’t be “me” in Qantas, either, if they’re gonna require me to be a guinea pig for a vaccine test.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
We flew from HOU to Ft Lauderdale in October and BWI for Maga Rally with no issues.

Mask on the plane and waiting to board.

Most of the restaurants at Ft Laud airport were closed however.

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I’m at MSP right now in fact.

Make sure you enjoy a beer/drink (if that's your thing) - only bar(s) in the state that are open right now are those in the airport.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Puckpilot----

On a side note, could you contact me offline? We have the word "puck" in common and want to see if we happen to know each other.

My e-mail is in my profile. Thanks.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:

Not on Southwest, at least not officially. Can’t speak to actual enforcement of the policy but here it is:

Customers are required to wear a face covering over their nose and mouth at all times during their Southwest travel experience. It is highly encouraged to bring your own hand sanitizer and face covering. A well-secured cloth or mask that fits snugly against the face, covers an individual’s nose and mouth, and is secured under the chin will be accepted. In alignment with the intention of this policy, these are a few examples of coverings that will not be accepted: (1)Those with holes in the covering, including those with exhalation valves or those made solely of materials like mesh or lace fabrics and (2)Those that cannot be secured under the chin, including bandanas and face shields. Face shields may be worn in addition to face coverings, but not in place of face coverings. Neck gaiters (also called multi-bands) may be worn as face coverings so long as they cover the nose and mouth and are secured under the chin.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
Puckpilot----

On a side note, could you contact me offline? We have the word "puck" in common and want to see if we happen to know each other.

My e-mail is in my profile. Thanks.

You have mail.

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
quote:

There won’t be “me” in Qantas, either, if they’re gonna require me to be a guinea pig for a vaccine test.
Haha, good one. Funny but I agree.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5907 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
quote:
quote:

Then you guys are missing a great location. Awesome down there.

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

...Then you guys are missing a great location. Awesome down there.

Australia is a great country to visit, there are airlines other than QANTAS. We flew there (from San Francisco) via United 10 years ago. Keep in mind the airlines and/or Australia may require a TEST, covid rules change frequently.

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oz is expensive, and the covid restrictions and testing requirements are rampant there, too. When Western Australia implemented a test before you fly policy a week or two go, passengers arriving on flights were quarantined becaause they didn't have the unannounced tests.

I lived in Oz for years, but it's not the same place it used to be.