SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Father and Son, Shoot and Kill Neighbor Over Trash Dispute
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father and Son, Shoot and Kill Neighbor Over Trash Dispute Login/Join 
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Although it's too bad all of these bottom feeders didn't end up taking the Darwin Challenge, I just can't fathom how the deceased--when he saw there were two guys with guns, including a long gun--didn't unass the area most ricky tick.

I mean, what sort of fuckwit are you that you persist when you're clearly underarmed for the confrontation?

Rhetorical question, since it's pretty clear what sort of fuckwit he is: a dead one.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Although it's too bad all of these bottom feeders didn't end up taking the Darwin Challenge, I just can't fathom how the deceased--when he saw there were two guys with guns, including a long gun--didn't unass the area most ricky tick.

I mean, what sort of fuckwit are you that you persist when you're clearly underarmed for the confrontation?

Rhetorical question, since it's pretty clear what sort of fuckwit he is: a dead one.

So the moral is: Don't come to a gunfight unarmed with a bad attitude?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a pretty reasonable way to go through life....

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:

I think he thought they wouldn't fire. Such is the gamble we create by expecting the best armed to walk away from the nuisance that confronts him. Had we conditioned our society to expect what comes to the fight, Ed would prolly be bothering someone else today.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dean of Law
Picture of heavyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:

So the moral is: Don't come to a gunfight unarmed with a bad attitude?

Not quite. Don’t come to a gun fight with a bat attitude.

H. Dean Phillips
$99 Gun Trusts
https://nfalawyers.com

Posts: 6614 | Location: Georgia | Registered: December 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Unless you're a billionaire with a cave and a utility belt.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think he thought they wouldn't fire.

That's the problem with being an asshole.. there's always a bigger asshole out there.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Aside from the legality or even morality of the matter, didn’t someone just very recently post something to the effect of, “Kill one, educate thousands”? Large, psychopathic bullies who are accustomed to getting their way, or at least not being beaten down themselves, start believing they are invincible. Word gets around that maybe the little fat guy with a gun won’t back down, and perhaps society becomes a little more polite as a result.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47409 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Aside from the legality or even morality of the matter, didn’t someone just very recently post something to the effect of, “Kill one, educate thousands”? Large, psychopathic bullies who are accustomed to getting their way, or at least not being beaten down themselves, start believing they are invincible. Word gets around that maybe the little fat guy with a gun won’t back down, and perhaps society becomes a little more polite as a result.

Kind of like the hothead who chased the Uber driver down looking for his girlfriend, told him he had a gun and could kill him...

BANG, hothead gets killified by the Uber driver in self defense.

UBER driver shoots, kills jealous boyfriend of woman --- "Leave people alone, they may have a gun and shoot you," said Sheriff Judd. "This is clearly a case of stand your ground.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sheriff had me when he holds up a photo of the deceased and starts his story; "Goofball here..."

Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Semi-serious question: if handgun guy shot bat guy in the head and bat guy was then dead, what would shotgun boy be charged with in relation to shooting bat guy?

I don't know about Texas law, but we had a slightly similar case several years ago that pertains to your question.

Victim gets into argument with friend. Friend stabs victim, then hands the knife to his nephew and convinces the nephew to stab him as well. Victim is found dead with stab wounds.

Friend and nephew were both arrested. Both confessed to stabbing the victim. Both were charged with the murder. But then the autopsy results came back and revealed that by the time the nephew stabbed the victim, the victim was already dead.

Nephew was allowed to plead to a reduced charge of Abuse of a Corpse.

I can't speak to Texas legal precedent, but this was on Perry Mason a few nites ago. According to Perry, on TV, in the late 1950's early 1960's, in California anyway, so it has to be true, a person has to have the presence and the ability to commit the murder. Perry was cleverly able to prove the victim was dead before his client fired the shot into said victum. It seems you can't be found guilty of murdering a already dead guy, even if that was your intent, even if you think you did. Plus, they drove really cool cars.

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:

That's the problem with being an asshole.. there's always a bigger asshole out there.

This should not have happened and both sides contributed to the outcome. But, I have seen it a number of times. The asshole goes around bullying people and getting away with it all his life, then one day encounters someone who won't be bullied and gets his ticket cancelled.

This was not their first encounter, and those two rocket surgeons were armed because they were in fear of that ranting nut job. I doubt they will get a murder conviction from a jury once the deceased' history is disclosed. It will be an interesting case to watch.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
quote:
Originally posted by Jelly:
quote:

This should not have happened and both sides contributed to the outcome. But, I have seen it a number of times. The asshole goes around bullying people and getting away with it all his life, then one day encounters someone who won't be bullied and gets his ticket cancelled.

This was not their first encounter, and those two rocket surgeons were armed because they were in fear of that ranting nut job. I doubt they will get a murder conviction from a jury once the deceased' history is disclosed. It will be an interesting case to watch.

They both seemed to escalate the situation, but being that they're neighbors and both sides were armed. I have a feeling you're right and that there have been many exchanges and episodes in the past before this event took place.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Who provoked who first?

As an example, you let your dog run loose in a suburban residential neighborhood, not rural farm country, and your dog leaves a dump on my lawn. I bag it up, see which house the dog returns to, ring your doorbell, hand you the bag, and ask that this not happen again. Who provoked who first?

Bat guy puts mattress in dumpster where it doesn't belong and prevents others from using the dumpster as it was meant to be used. Shirtless guys give mattress back. Who provoked who? Of course nobody should have wound up dead. The dead guy wasn't shot because of the mattress, he was shot because he took a swing with a bat at the father. Seems like self defense to me. Even if shirtless guys are deemed to have started this, how many hits with a bat do they have to take before they can defend themselves? Throwing a mattress in the owner's yard isn't exactly deadly force.

Posts: 10936 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Who provoked who first?

As an example, you let your dog run loose in a suburban residential neighborhood, not rural farm country, and your dog leaves a dump on my lawn. I bag it up, see which house the dog returns to, ring your doorbell, hand you the bag, and ask that this not happen again. Who provoked who first?

Bat guy puts mattress in dumpster where it doesn't belong and prevents others from using the dumpster as it was meant to be used. Shirtless guys give mattress back. Who provoked who? Of course nobody should have wound up dead. The dead guy wasn't shot because of the mattress, he was shot because he took a swing with a bat at the father. Seems like self defense to me. Even if shirtless guys are deemed to have started this, how many hits with a bat do they have to take before they can defend themselves? Throwing a mattress in the owner's yard isn't exactly deadly force.

The deceased was unarmed when he was killed.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Are you poking fun at the whole 'unarmed' theme running thru Black Lives Matter?

Or serious?

OSG had a bat that is fact. You can see it hit the ground in the video after he throws it at the man-boobed Dad.

So much stupid in that confrontation that it boggles the mind... but OSG was not unarmed when he was killified.

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see many ,many , many matress' coming too that alley .

Many !, like by the pick up load.

they should name the alley mattress central

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54633 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Are you poking fun at the whole 'unarmed' theme running thru Black Lives Matter?

Or serious?

OSG had a bat that is fact. You can see it hit the ground in the video after he throws it at the man-boobed Dad.

So much stupid in that confrontation that it boggles the mind... but OSG was not unarmed when he was killified.

What was he armed with? The bat wasn't in his hands when the shotgun blast to the head occurred.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The bat was flying to armed man when the armed man simultaneously threw up a hand and shot. The guy who threw the bat, lets call him AD for angry douchbag, had anger control issues and was getting help for it. According to the girlfriend. Unfortunately, the help that put him over the top was more than he wanted, although if I lived on the other side of him, I'd be happy that I didn't have to deal with that kind of thing going forward.

That said, the story notes that this argument had been occurring for some time, both shirtless guys could have and should have backed off and called the police.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:
Originally posted by Storm:
Howard apparently had a baseball bat (not obvious in the video) but was otherwise unarmed.

If he had a baseball bat, he was armed with a deadly weapon...

I agree. I would also add that the dad appears to be about 6 feet tall in his mug shot, making the dead guy in the video appear to be 6'8" or taller. He's a monster in size and, armed with a bat, he is a very deadly weapon. If I am being menaced by a man that size with a bat, I am not going to respond with a bat.

Having said that, the entire confrontation over a mattress is insane. Two sets of hotheads collided and now their lives are over or ruined, along with those closest to them. This looks like something that has been brewing for some time, and I am sure both sides are to blame.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post