SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Father and Son, Shoot and Kill Neighbor Over Trash Dispute
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Father and Son, Shoot and Kill Neighbor Over Trash Dispute Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Ed? Ed's dead...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by reloader-1:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Hard to tell if the father was justified, but the son with the shotgun can just be sent to prison as far as I'm concerned.

Even if the dead guy threw a bat at dad and was charging him?
Yes. As I previously posted, in Texas you cannot initiate a confrontation then claim self-defense. They initiated the confrontation when they took the dead guy's mattress out of the community dumpster and put it in the dead guy's yard.

Makes sense, thanks for the clarification - so both would be liable, not just the son as CSM was saying?
The son is the part that's less clear to me. I'll have to defer to the forum's Texas attorneys as the timeline for the son's involvement is unknown and I'd love to hear their thoughts on implications of:
  • what if the son merely saw maniac threatening his Dad with a bat (i.e. assuming didn't help initiate confrontation by helping remove mattress from dumpster and put in dead guy's yard), come out with a shotgun, and use shotgun in defense of a 3rd party?
  • can you even claim defense of 3rd party in Texas if the 3rd party is armed with a gun?

The video is poor when the actual shooting occurs, but there is also the question were all of the father's and son's shots to stop the threat or were they delivering kill shots on a man down? Autopsy may help with shot angles.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drug Dealer
    Picture of Jim Shugart
    posted Hide Post
    Well, what ever happens...

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Must be a really poor neighborhood. Those guys can't even afford shirts.

Real men in the South don't wear shirts. Of course these guys were not planning on being on the Texas version of Candid Camera. What really amazes me is the folks who do a TV interview wearing no shirt or a T shirt that says Party Nekkid.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
    Must be a really poor neighborhood. Those guys can't even afford shirts.

Real men in the South don't wear shirts. Of course these guys were not planning on being on the Texas version of Candid Camera. What really amazes me is the folks who do a TV interview wearing no shirt or a T shirt that says Party Nekkid.

no kidding

what does it take like .75 secs to throw a t-shirt on ??

i guess whan you have to gun down your neighbor - time is a precious commodity

-----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Well, what ever happens..

I dont get the photo. Explain. Judge Roy Bean?? The eyes of Texas??? I am visually challenged.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    It's Charles Darwin, a garment manufacturer in Texas, specializing in men's shirts.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
    quote:
    Well, what ever happens..

I dont get the photo. Explain. Judge Roy Bean?? The eyes of Texas??? I am visually challenged.

Darwin

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    When I hang out with my dad, i make sure that we are shirtless....

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks.

Bolt Thrower
    Picture of Voshterkoff
    posted Hide Post
    From what I have seen online, the person who was shot has been arrested 74 times and is on crazy pills. His Facebook rants on mailmen delivering packages gives a good insight to what his neighbors have dealt with.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
    Picture of 911Boss
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:
    It's Charles Darwin, a garment manufacturer in Texas, specializing in men's shirts.

Fuck I hate passing Dr. Pepper through my nose!!!

Damn you Para!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
    From what I have seen online, the person who was shot has been arrested 74 times and is on crazy pills.
    Too bad. For arrest number 75, they were going to have cake.

BTW, if you look at the video closely, you can see that the dead guy was shot in the head and he was DRT. The scattergun did him in, I imagine.

Posts: 107260 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drug Dealer
    Picture of Jim Shugart
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum:

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
    Picture of 911Boss
    posted Hide Post

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Remember, don't bring a baseball bat to gunfight. Smile

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Who was the bystander? Just stood by and watched the blasting seemingly indifferent.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oriental Redneck
    Picture of 12131
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ubelongoutside:
    Who was the bystander? Just stood by and watched the blasting seemingly indifferent.

Dead guy's common-law wife.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Oh stewardess,
    I speak jive.
    Picture of 46and2
    posted Hide Post
    It seems unlikely that self defense laws allow someone who feels threatened to verbally draw an arbitrary line in the sand (3ft, 10ft, whatever) and then to shoot someone for crossing said line, right? Surely it doesn't actually work like that.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bolt Thrower
    Picture of Voshterkoff
    posted Hide Post
    I think it's more the death threats and wielding a baseball bat that allow it. Although I fully expect the media to blow this up since the MA shooter was a black tranny, and that isn't politically correct to demonize. Have to vent that anti gun rage somewhere.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post