SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Road Bike Selected -- Thanks For Insights
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Road Bike Selected -- Thanks For Insights Login/Join 
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
Wow! I sure don't see any compelling reason to switch from that bike. In fact, you will probably get a lot of street cred for having such a nice vintage bike. I do most of my training on a 1986 Look KG76, and have had French tourists come talk to me about it.

Nice. I still have my 1990 Cannondale Criterium 3.0. Decked out with Campy wheels and full Dura Ace. That bike is a razor blade.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
I just got a giant defy advanced 2, normally $1995 for $1600 for the 2018 model. Carbon bike, tubeless tires, 105 group set, and hydraulic disk brakes. For the money, could not come close to that with the other brands.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Update: Purchased a nice used Ridley Helium SL. A very nice machine. New Continental GP 4000 II black tires to be installed.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5054 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Excellent!
The Aliante saddle is also a favorite!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Nice. Anyone else should check out the Litespeed closeouts too. The bottom is cheaper

https://litespeed.com/collections/closeouts

My favorite brand but way out of my range for my limited biking.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
Nice. Anyone else should check out the Litespeed closeouts too. The bottom is cheaper

https://litespeed.com/collections/closeouts

My favorite brand but way out of my range for my limited biking.

Dammmmmmm...$12,000 for a bicycle? Well, I guess it's OK since it's marked down to $8K.

I thought $500 was a bit high for a 1974 Gitane Super Corsa.

I bought it and still have it.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post