SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody use Xfinity Mobile?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody use Xfinity Mobile? Login/Join 
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted
I'm currently on T-mobile. Myself, my son and my parents. My parents are moving over to AT&T since my mom gets a discount from her employer and that is the only cell service that works up at our hunting camp for my dad.

It doesn't matter to me if I get cell service at the camp or not but since I've started traveling for work the places I go to are sometimes away from the more populated areas. I know salesmen and service guys use AT&T and Verizon and they say they get good service at most sites.

From what I understand Xfinity mobile uses hotspots when available but when not they run off of Verizon's network.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I looked at it and there is nothing about it that would want to make me switch from AT&T. Seems more pricy for what you get plus Comcast doesn't really have experience in the mobile market. They don't even offer Wifi calling.

Seems like a solution in search of a problem to me to be honest plus I really don't trust Comcast as far as I can throw them.

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm looking for better coverage for the same or less cost that I have now. Verizon is more expensive and I just left them for Xfinity cable/internet because their customer service and rates suck.

I was looking at AT&T but they seem to be just as expensive. Although they do have the best coverage.

The best part of T-Mobile is the unlimited music streaming doesn't count against your data usage and the price.

Posts: 10188 | Location: PA | Registered: March 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I just talked to a rep a few days ago on this. Stopped at a new brick and mortar customer service Xfinity store in my area. This what I was told.

Biggest advantage is the pricing options.
- $12 per Gig that multiple lines can use. Every time a Gig is used it's another $12. So you can have a family of say 4 each with own phone but all use from the same $12/Gig. If the whole family only used a Gig for the month it would only cost $12. For some this could be very inexpensive mobile bills.

- $45 per month per line for iirc 4-6 Gigs? That's per line whether you use it all or not.

- Verizon network

- Buy a phone or bring your own

- Currently they don't take phone trade ins but should in the next month or two with the launch of the iPhone 8.

- Being an Xfinity customer you can use their hotspots, if you want to don't have to, to reduce your Gig use. Your phone will swap automatically as you go in/out of hot spots. Around me there are a shitload. Local businesses, restaurants, fast food and mom/pop stores. Even in neighborhoods you have coverage. Most Xfinity WiFi users that lease modems don't turn off the hotspots. I do though, no free lunch at my place.

It could be a really inexpensive way to have mobile service. Reduce your data usage if you use their hotspots a lot.

We are on ATT so we would have to buy new phones. If we could use our current ones it would be far cheaper for us to use it and a no brainer. We are waiting until the local Xfinity store takes trade ins or has a phone special after the iPhone 8 comes out. If it makes sense on the phone side then our bill could easily be $36-$48/ month with Xfinity for 3-4 lines. We average 3-4 Gigs/month with all our lines combined. Which would be far cheaper than our current ATT bill. Hoping it will work as it is described.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ol' Jack always says...
what the hell.
posted Hide Post
Up here it's $45 for unlimited and you can change it per month if you monitor your data usage regularly.

On the face of it it looks like a pretty good deal.

I got a quote for AT&T, $150 per month which would be 6gb with no overage charges, roll over unused data and that is with the cost of two new iPhone 7's per month. That's not bad but it's still more than what I would pay at Xfinity Mobile.