SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    40 New Scientific Papers: Global Warming is a Myth
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

40 New Scientific Papers: Global Warming is a Myth Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted
http://yournewswire.com/40-sci...pers-global-warming/

---------------------

40 New Scientific Papers Say Global Warming Does Not Exist
March 27, 2018 Sean Adl-Tabatabai Sci/Environment 102
40 new scientific papers in 2018 say global warming does not exist

Hundreds of scientists involved in 40 recent scientific papers say the scare about global warming is based on hysteria and false science.

Over 40 scientific papers on the global warming hoax have been published in just the first three months of 2018. What their charts show is that “nothing climatically unusual is happening.“

Breitbart.com reports: In the chart below from a study by Polovodova et al, we see that 20th century warming is perfectly normal in a long-term historical context. It was no warmer – indeed, is slightly cooler – than either the Roman Warm Period or the Medieval Warming Period.

What we also learn from the papers is that these warming periods were global – not, as alarmists like to claim to support their scaremongering thesis, local:

A number of strident global warming scientists prefer to dismiss the significance of Europe’s temperature record, claiming that it is local in nature and does not tell us what is really happening globally. However, other papers fully contradict this. For example, a paper by Wündsch et al., 2018 shows us that the warming today in South Africa also is nothing unusual.

It’s global, stupid

Temperature reconstructions show the same is true in Southeast Australia, according to McGowan et al., 2018, Northern Alaska (Hanna et al., 2018), the Tibetan Plateau (Li et al., 2018), South Korea (Song et al., 2018), Antarctica (Mikis, 2018), to cite just a few among dozens of others.

In further bad news for climate alarmists, it seems that two of their favorite bellwethers of global warming doom – Greenland and the South Pole, are cooling not warming.

Here’s Greenland, from a study by Mikkelsen et al.

This puts Greenland’s recent warm spell in its historical context: over 150 years it wasn’t unusual. Temperatures now are cooler than they were in the 1930s.

A separate study confirms that Greenland is on a cooling trend:

Furthermore, much to the surprise of global warming scientists, Greenland temperatures have again been falling since 2000. Westergaard-Nielsen et al., 2018 examined the most recent and detailed trends based on MODIS (2001–2015) and concluded that if there is any general trend for Greenland it is “mostly cooling”.

As is the South Pole:

At the other end of the planet at the South Pole, new findings by Cerrone and Fusco, 2018 confirm the large increase in the southern hemisphere sea ice and suggest it “arises from the impact of climate modes and their long-term trends”.

They write that the results indicate a progressive cooling has affected the year-to-year climate of the sub-Antarctic since the 1990s and that the SIC [sea ice concentration] shows upward annual, spring, and summer trends.

Global warming? What global warming??

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Al Gore must be panicking (he should just die).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

I think he's moved on to defending us against ManBearPig.

No double standards
posted Hide Post
Now there, my neighbor from UC Berkeley guarantees me that man-made global warming is as certain as the law of gravity. Who am I going to believe. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

flashguy

Nah, he's known all along. Remember, he bought a house in Malibu Ca. that was supposed to be under water by now because of global warming.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
The libs are OK with this. They’ve moved on to Climate Change....

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:

But it's the same root. Man's use of carbon fuels is runing planet earth's ability to sustain human life. And the only way for the human race to survive is to give the gov't power over our production and use of energy.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bjor13
posted Hide Post
you know its all BS when the only response from global governments is taxes, no one is talking about planting more trees.......

Posts: 1017 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: September 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bjor13:
you know its all BS when the only response from global governments is taxes, no one is talking about planting more trees.......

I just planted 40 trees. I’m doing my part! Big Grin

Posts: 832 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This source lost its credibility when it said "Over 40 scientific papers on the global warming hoax." Calling it a hoax is a judgment, not objective reporting.

Of course, it also scrolled headlines that Kurt Cobain's death was faked, and that the Syrian gas attack was staged. (I was just waiting for them to claim the Earth was flat.)

Posts: 514 | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
We've been looking forward to buying an oceanside property in Nebraska for years now, but somehow the opportunity has never materialised.

tac

Posts: 11313 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TAllen01:
This source lost its credibility when it said "Over 40 scientific papers on the global warming hoax." Calling it a hoax is a judgment, not objective reporting....

There are direct links to several of the studies they cite. You can click on them and read them for yourself.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tacfoley:
We've been looking forward to buying an oceanside property in Nebraska for years now, but somehow the opportunity has never materialised.

tac

Well, you could start constructing the world's first underwater theme park right where you are.

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:

They started that in about 2000 when they realized that global warming had ceased. They're sort of like tribal witch doctors; peeking out of the hut to check the sky before they give the village chief their weather forecast, or do their rain dance.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
If you want one more anecdotal data point, there was a winter storm warning in effect here last night.

I realize I'm near the Canadian border but...
Mid. Fucking. April.

Now, when palm tree fronds are clogging my pool's filter, then I will give them permission to say global warming.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by apprentice:
If you want one more anecdotal data point, there was a winter storm warning in effect here last night.

I realize I'm near the Canadian border but...
Mid. Fucking. April.

Now, when palm tree fronds are clogging my pool's filter, then I will give them permission to say global warming.

They're forecasting up to a foot of snow some places in central MN for the weekend. Here in the southern half of the state we're only supposed to get 2" - 5". High temps are only 30 - 40 degrees below normal.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1748 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of muddle_mann
posted Hide Post
What I find interesting is I think most agree that the water level is/will rise. Putting aside the cause of this phenomenon most global warming alarmist love to point out the rising water line. But note that NO ONE is talking about what to do about all those people that will be affected by the rising tides. Lots of talk about who and why for global warming but no real talk about reacting to the claims...

Pissed off beats scared every time…

- Frank Castle

Posts: 3811 | Registered: March 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muddle_mann:
What I find interesting is I think most agree that the water level is/will rise.

Those with working thinkers realize that it will raise, and in due time, fall. Back and forth in a cycle. But admitting that this occurs and that there is absolutely nothing to be done about it generates ZERO panic dollars. Therefore, it will always be Chicken Little time. Always.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15551 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
A number of those who study sunspot cycles are (pardon me!) warming up to the notion that the current sunspot cycle now nearing minimum is likely to be the most active we will see in decades.

In the past, an extended period of sunspot cycle inactivity has coincided with colder temps particularly in northern latitudes.

Of course, correlation is not causation.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
Its simple.

Money.

When the climate change crowd has advocates in charge of the government, they advocate climate change. Government money flows for research.

Want a paycheck with the new administration?

"Climate change is a hoax."

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post