SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Passover
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Passover Login/Join 
posted
Well, we've got the chometz put away, and the 21 pounds of brisket is cooking (talk about needing protection Smile).

Wanted to wish all my Jewish SF friends a Happy & Healthy Passover!! ( a day early, but probably won't have time tomorrow!)

Posts: 214 | Registered: December 29, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Only 21 lbs, I hope you didn't invite too many people. My favoritest part of Passover is brisket.

I wonder if Grandpa and his wife would freak out if I took a Seder with protection pic?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
... I wonder if Grandpa and his wife would freak out if I took a Seder with protection pic?
HAHAHA! You must do it now. Big Grin

Happy Passover friends.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Happy Pesach!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I am not Jewish, but I did have brisket for dinner tonight (at Dickey's Barbecue).

Enjoy your Passover, those who celebrate it.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Yep, couldn't get the protection pic, they might have had a heart attack. I was asked why I was taking a picture of our dinner. Smile

I can't take any credit for above yumminess, made by grandpa's wife. I did go over last weekend and carry up all the dishes, so I guess I contributed. Wink

Both the turkey and brisket turned out perfect.

Grandpa told me of the family's exodus. I didn't realize how many of my family were killed. Kristallnacht was Nov. 1938, by Jan 1939 they had Visas for Grandpa and his father, Nov. 1939, his two brothers and mom made it out. Family lost everything they owned, but at least they had enough money/connections to get the younger ones out. He also told me some stories about life here. So much more I wanted to ask him about, but everyone else appeared bored.

An excellent family dinner.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post