SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fake news on CBS this morning
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake news on CBS this morning Login/Join 
posted
CBS had a segment about Meals on Wheels being ended in the Trump budget. It's not! What was ended was Community Block Granta, which gives little money to MOW. Most MOW comes from private donations and programs for the elderly. Trump wants to eliminate wasteful spending the Dems want. Trump is championing the poor, middle class, military and retired people. I am very disappointed in CBS.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
CNN had the MOW CEO on yesterday with same fake news. It pays to educate yourself.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Biased, leftist bullshit and lies from CBS (or any other Big Media outlet) comes as absolutely no surprise to me. I haven't watched network news in years.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15202 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Fake news on CBS this morning every morning.

Kill your television.

Posts: 26891 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Kill your television.

Not gonna kill "the messenger". Wink

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I heard Donald Trump hates old people and wants them to starve. Roll Eyes

Yet, no story about Donna Brazile? Wow, color me shocked!

Thanks a lot MSM.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
http://www.foxnews.com/politic...n-wheels-budget.html

Despite outrage over cuts, federal funds are fraction of Meals on Wheels budget

President Trump's proposed cuts to the popular "Meals on Wheels" program have prompted dire warnings -- but they appear to ignore the fact that only a fraction of the program's budget comes from the government.

A glance at the program's 2015 financial statement shows the program brought in just over $7.5 million in funding that year, mainly from corporate and foundation grants making up $5.15 million.

Government grants made up just $248,347 of the funding – or 3.3 percent of total funds.

Still, Trump's call to cut the program fed into the outrage Thursday over a multitude of reductions that the president has in store. Trump's budget blueprint calls to slash programs within the State Department and Environmental Protection Agency, among others, in order to pump more money into defense.

Proposed cuts to the federal housing department include abolishing the Community Development Block Grant – a portion of which goes to fund the program delivering meals to the homebound elderly.

While Trump's proposal is likely to be debated and significantly altered by Congress, media voices quickly pounced on "Meals on Wheels" as a central storyline to Trump’s budget.

“Late Night” host Seth Meyers accused Trump of being “dead inside.”

“Meals on Wheels?!” he asked rhetorically. “How dead inside do you have to be to not want old people to get food? Your heart is so small it makes your tiny hands look like catcher’s mitts.”

Twitter erupted with questions about Trump's mental state for his supposed desire to starve the elderly.

CNN’s Jim Acosta asked Budget Director Mick Mulvaney at the White House press briefing Thursday if his was a “hard-hearted budget.” When Mulvaney responded that he actually thought it was a compassionate budget, Acosta countered: “To cut programs that help the elderly and kids?”

Mulvaney also angered supporters of the program by suggesting it wasn't showing results.

"Meals on Wheels sounds great ... but to take the federal money and give it to the states and say, look, we want to give you money for programs that don't work -- I can't defend that anymore," he said. "We're $20 trillion in debt."

The controversy is similar to 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney’s proposed budget cuts to the Public Broadcasting Service, which quickly devolved into a claim Romney wanted to kill off popular Sesame Street character Big Bird.

This accusation has now been leveled at Trump, who has also proposed nixing funds to the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, by which PBS gets tax money -- though Big Bird is currently nesting along with Cookie Monster and Elmo at the privately owned HBO.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38641 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Ahhhhhh......those pesky little facts, eh 6guns??

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
The gravy train is over. We can't keep spending our great-great-grandchildren's money.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
"We're $20 trillion in debt."

This won't get as much reporting as the old tired playbook the "republicans want to starve the kids and grandma".

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Animis Opibusque Parati
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
The gravy train is over. We can't keep spending our great-great-grandchildren's money.

Your statement is the fact no one on the other side wants to face. The massive debt is not going away on it's own. We have to get federal spending under control. Period.
Just like our in our own homes, when we have to tighten the budget belt, there is some pain.

"Prepared in mind and resources"

Posts: 1353 | Location: SC | Registered: October 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
can't spell CBS without.... BS!

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Biased, leftist bullshit and lies from CBS (or any other Big Media outlet) comes as absolutely no surprise to me. I haven't watched network news in years.

This! X a million.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25641 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
See? BS!

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
just about everything you see on MSM is fake

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53158 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I was shocked to find that Mother Jones had called out everyone this too.
Even mentioned that Obama had cut the budget.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I don't recall this outrage in the media when Obama made budget cuts.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I don't recall this outrage in the media when Obama made budget cuts.

And you won't. The right people were getting paid, despite the so called "cuts". No matter where the cuts are, the left will claim it is a "War On (insert the puppet of the moment here)"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
I was shocked to find that Mother Jones had called out everyone this too.
Even mentioned that Obama had cut the budget.

Sounds like someone at MJ is about to be fired!

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
According to the mainstream news no one will have healthcare​, jobs, money, food or hope in 4 weeks.

Not exactly holding my breath

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post