SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National Finals Rodeo in LV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Finals Rodeo in LV Login/Join 
posted
Been watching this year's NFR on CBSSN. Been on the past several days, each session for 3hours showing a mixture of events.
What is really nice they show the start of every day with various groups or person singing the National Anthem. A rider is in the center of the darkened arena but highlighted by a spot light. She is holding a large American flag. After the anthem is played there is the crowd cheering and or applauding! Nice to see the proper respect shown by the audience, and performers, as well as the announcers! Big Grin

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Never miss the broadcast of the NFR—all 10 go-rounds. Been too long since our last trip to LV to see a couple perfs.

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I remember my grandparents going back when it was in OKC.

Posts: 516 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herknav:
I remember my grandparents going back when it was in OKC.

This year, Reba McIntire sang the National Anthem one night. I never saw the NFR in OKC, but I remember well talking to someone I knew about the young woman who blew everyone away in singing The Star Spangled Banner—Reba.

Your “grandparents?!?” Eek Crap, I really AM old

Posts: 13240 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
An uncle of mine went three years in a row during the early 90's as a team roper. He was the heeler. It was something to watch him throw the lasso when I was a young man.

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
TMats, I saw Reba sing at the Steer Roping Finals in Laramie in 1976.
She was a fresh faced girl and just blew everyone away with her talent.
Her Dad and brother both were in the Finals.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleAdobe:
TMats, I saw Reba sing at the Steer Roping Finals in Laramie in 1976.
She was a fresh faced girl and just blew everyone away with her talent.
Her Dad and brother both were in the Finals.

Early in her career she used to wear a trophy buckle when she performed. She was married to Charlie Battles, who won a Steer Wrestling Championship with with the IRA, and also appeared in the NFR. He later bought out another stock contractor and produced rodeos as Charlie Battles Rodeo CompNy for awhile. He and Reba divorced in the early 80s.