SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My safe won’t close!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My safe won’t close! Login/Join 
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted
Liberty Timber Ridge, Model D-23.
I opened it to put a couple of speedloaders in a door pouch, and now the won’t close enough to latch it....
I can’t find anything blocking it, it just won’t close. It gets within about an inch, then it’s like it’s hitting something.
Nothing else moved, I just unzipped a door pouch, put the new speed loaders (for my new SW 357 3”), zipped the pouch, and presto! Major snafu.
Any ideas?

And yes, if I move the hook on the bottom of the door, the door bolts go in & out with the handle.
The bolts on the hinge side are NOT supposed to move, correct?

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Does the door pocket with the speedloader line up with the center shelf support or any other installed shelving? If so, try removing it and seeing it it will close.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Does the door pocket with the speedloader line up with the center shelf support or any other installed shelving? If so, try removing it and seeing it it will close.

Ugh. I’m stupid. Yes, that was it. I had 6 other speedloaders in there and never had a problem. I guess two more was the magic number to make it bulge in the right spot.
Dad always said, if you can’t figure something out, walk away for a bit, or get another pair of eyes on the problem.
Thanks, A1ABDJ.

Posts: 6301 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Wasn't a lucky guess. That's a call I get 3 or 4 times each week. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I'm gonna chalk this one up to it being late, and I've had a long day. Most of it was spent bouncing around in the pasture pulling a 15' batwing shredder....seems as likely an excuse as any, right? Smile

Thanks again.

I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Ha, no problem, you just need a bigger safe. Don't we all... Wink

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
Not to make light of this but I guess that would be better than not being able to get it open. Wink

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
LOL, I saw that one coming. I've done it myself.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
My safe won’t close!

You need a bigger safe.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
My safe won’t close!

You need a bigger safe.

Or a second one Smile

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:

How much do you charge? Roll Eyes Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Which is about how often it happens to me. Big Grin

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:

Which is about how often it happens to me. Big Grin

Is it you calling a1abdj 3-4 times a week? Big Grin

Posts: 13091 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post