SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Convert real gun to Airsoft
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Convert real gun to Airsoft Login/Join 
posted
I recently got a very job good offer to move back to Orange County, CA. Since moving to Kansas City I have accrued some class III items. Is there a way to convert those into airsoft guns (aka non-firearms) so I can legally store them as investments while I live there?

“Everybody's got plans...until they get hit.” Mike Tyson

Posts: 280 | Location: OC, CA | Registered: January 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see how that would be remotely possible physically nevermind legally. The innards of an airsoft gun (Gas or electric) are completely different.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Once a machine gun, always a machine gun" comes to mind. You could possibly demil them, but that would certainly negate what you're trying to accomplish.

Posts: 2484 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
No

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I don't see how that would be even remotely legal even if physically possible. At best, it would be a one-way conversion which would destroy the value of the MG. Might as well sell it at that point and buy yourself an AEG version of the MG you used to have.

If you have them on a trust, you can leave them with a trustee in Kansas.

About twelve years back, IIRC, a local airsoft company signed a deal with a Taiwanese airsoft manufacturer who made high-end airsoft M4s out of real aluminum. BATFE intercepted the entire $10,000 shipment and managed to modify the lower receivers into actual M16s. I saw photos of the these lowers and, even I could see how this would be possible with small modifications. The shop never got its money or AEGs back.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LDD,

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
The answer is no.
Once a firearm-always a firearm.

You would be better off selling them or storing them with a trusted friend in the real world.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I can have nfa items in pa, throw me on your trust and I'll hold them for you.. I'll even keep them well fed! They'd be adored here!

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post