SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Any members in the Sanford, Michigan area? Need some info/advice
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any members in the Sanford, Michigan area? Need some info/advice Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
I'm not a Meteorologist nor did I play one on TV. BUT........

Seems that the normal flow of a weather front in the Lower Peninsula is southwest to northeast. Diagonally across the state, dividing line usually somewhere in the Lansing/Williamston area. Not unusual for that side of the state to get hammered while we get nothing here.

Looking at a map Sanford is kind of an in-between area but I'd hazard a guess on the higher snowfall side.

Northern Michigan is a great place to be in the summer. I'd love to move there except with grandkids here it'll be hard to get the lady of the house to move.

I could even tolerate it in the winters there....that's what 4wd is for.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JJexp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Good lord, you should read my original post not just excerpt that flyboy quoted. I bet he might actually leave the comfort of his G550/650 for 20 minutes total during his visits to Michigan.

That's only because catching a glimpse of the local women scares me too much to venture beyond the coffee machine.

Posts: 451 | Location: Hatboro, PA | Registered: May 25, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
You need to get out of the Waterford/Pontiac area.......... Wink

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8100 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I live just west of Sanford and work in Midland. There are a few trailer parks and other areas where it appears meth use is pretty prevalent, but avoid those areas and you're fine.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Snow up to the knees is a laughing matter. I grew up in the snow belt around Cleveland and remember one 3 day snowfall event that actually closed the local schools for a day and resulted in chest deep snow. While memorable that is NOTHING compared to what can happen in Buffalo, NY when the Lake Erie Snow Machine gets good and cranked up, there a 3 day event can result in 12 feet of snow. Yeah, western Michigan does get some Lake Effect, pretty close to what happens around Cleveland but it's not a lake effect with over 220 miles of "fetch" for the air currents to accumulate moisture. Which is what makes Buffalo one of the most memorable spots for Lake Effect year after year.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5647 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post