SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our prodigal son returns. (Kind of long.)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our prodigal son returns. (Kind of long.) Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hallelujah!

Indeed. That is just great.

How difficult for you guys. Keeping the joy bottled up in you must be equally difficult. But I hear it in your post. I can understand your reserved optimism.

But he is making a good start and effort. Praying it continues for the duration of his life. Some do defy the odds.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19161 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
The stream of life polishes all stones into river rocks eventually.

sounds like he might have found exactly what he needed, I wish him well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FenderBender,

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
That's wonderful news DF!

Posts: 11377 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
That is a wonderful blessing from the Lord. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
That is wonderful new DF! My next oldest brother to me has done the same and is still out there somewhere. Hopefully one day he'll do the same as your son and clean himself up.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your son and Family

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
That’s good to hear, may God grant him the will to never go back.

Posts: 4101 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
I'm glad he's home and doing well. I had to kick my son out a year or two ago, and it kills me to see him homeless and at the mercy of the world.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Darthfuster thanks for sharing, I am so hopeful that he is on track now. I can’t imagine the strength it must take to exhibit the strong parenting you and Ms. DF have performed.

Well done I will pray for gods grace upon all of yall.

Keep up the diligence, he certainly earned a watchful eye from you and your wife.

Best post I have read all week!!

HK Ag

Posts: 3498 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
best wishes to you, your son and your family.

Hoping the trend keeps going in the right direction.

Posts: 19566 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
Recovery is an ongoing process. I wish him continued sobriety and strength to walk the narrow path.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing. So happy for you that your son has made his way back to you.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Blessings to you all brother.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I'm very pleased to hear things are improving with your son, darth. Smile

Addiction and its related problems are a terrible burden for the person and their family.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226Reasons
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your testimony. We all need to hear these stories. The Bible is full of them but those stories are ages old, hearing God's work in our current times is a huge faith booster for all.

My prayers are with you and your family. May he stay close to the Lord in all things. God Bless

Posts: 1327 | Location: TN | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
That is great to hear.

Wishing you and your family the very best.

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing the story!
May Gods Mighty Hand guide your son through recovery and rebuilding of his life.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent for your son to continue on the path to freedom.

Silent

Posts: 1025 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is great. It is really good to hear stories like this. I pray that he will remain on the straight path.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Darthfuster, I’m having a little trouble responding as the screen is a little fuzzy right now. The title of your post is exactly right. We parents never stop loving, caring for, and worrying about our kids, trying to figure out how to help them if they need it, without causing the hurt that often comes with helping.
Jesus’ story of the Prodigal Son speaks so deeply and clearly to us through two millennia, reminding us how little humans have changed in what affects them most deeply.
We have not had that problem in our family, thank God, but we have had a great deal of suffering we’ve shared with all three of our kids. The kids are wonderful, and their tragedies have not been due to anything they did, but it has changed all of our lives.
Sorry, I didn’t want to make this about my family, just wanted to thank you for sharing and to say how much we all have in common. As a man in my Bible study group said, if you live long enough you’ve taken some hits and still carry the pain.

Posts: 18049 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post