SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UPDATE on PAGE 5 (good news) Aw crap, just diagnosed with cancer
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UPDATE on PAGE 5 (good news) Aw crap, just diagnosed with cancer Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Best of luck, prayers sent.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Im so sorry for you having to go through that. A good friend of mine lost his dad to the same thing, but he wasn’t “lucky” as you put it. As you know, it’s unfortunately rare to catch it in time to do anything. I had a scare a while back. Found out I had silent reflux but luckily it hadn’t progressed to the bad stuff yet.

My prayers are with you.

Posts: 691 | Registered: January 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
I'm so sorry to hear that. Best thoughts and prayers for you in this battle

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7943 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lord Bless you! Prayers sent!

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2339 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
I wish you all the best. Stay strong and positive.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11108 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
I wish the best for you. Stay strong, it sounds like you are.

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Triggers don't
pull themselves
Picture of mdblanton
posted Hide Post
Glad you got an early diagnosis. Chemo is no fun. For me, nothing tasted quite right 14 years ago when I did two rounds. Prayers for a complete recovery.

Michael

Posts: 1102 | Location: Petal, MS | Registered: January 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, Censored.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Prayer sent for comfort and healing my SF brother.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of FiveFiveSixFan
posted Hide Post
Wishing you all the best, Censored.

Posts: 7311 | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
You will be in my prayers. Be strong and have faith in God.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Stay strong and think positive thoughts.
It's been two years since my wife passed of stage 4 small cell lung cancer.
Cancer sucks.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Censored, I am offering prayer this morning for you, your family and your doctors. I am sorry that you are going through this.

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lifting

"220ST (The Man) ROCKS"

Posts: 1853 | Location: in the mitt down the river | Registered: August 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Kick the cancer's ass Censored. You got a prayer heading your way.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20820 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
An early morning prayer sent your way.

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
Censored, you are dealing with exactly what my dad fought. Including the stomach and esophagus loss.

Besides sending my best wishes and encouragement, I am going to either tell you something you haven't thought about or repeat something the docs have told you.

You are going to have to eat. A lot. By that, I mean frequently. My dad went from being a big guy eating three big meals a day to having to eat every few hours. It was a big change for him. Add to that the fact he was getting chemo at the same time and his appetite was crap. All politics aside, he was the poster child for medical MJ which wasn't available back then. Something to help the discomfort and keep the appetite strong. If you have problems, think about it.

I don't want to be a downer. You can do this. Just be thinking of things that will help you fight the fight. Stay strong brother. You are in my thoughts.

I am sorry that your dad had to go through esophageal cancer. Eating has been a challenge. I developed a viral pneumonia on Cycle 1/Day 1 of chemo and dropped 12 lbs in one week. Food did not taste good, smells were amplified and I just was not hungry. To date I can only taste 50% of the foods I eat (I cannot taste salt at this time). Like your dad, 3 meals a day has been my norm for ever. Switching to small meals has been a challenge. Even though I am relatively free from pain at this time, eating is painful. I will check out the medical MJ. thanks for your input.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
Hello everyone. I have to tell you the level of support I have received here is unbelievable and I appreciate it all.

I have had many people praying and sending positive thoughts my way for the last couple months and I have to tell you that it has made a huge difference. The strength that I am able to show has done a lot for my faith, family and friends. According to my niece I have always been the rock of the family and seeing me getting his diagnosis shook a lot of people up. When people come to visit they are amazed how good I look and my positive attitude. This is not me putting on a front, I have actually gained strength from all the support. April 26th is the surgery date. I will learn a lot about my prognosis at this time.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
This is the beast that I am fighting (if it doesn't show up, just give me some time to fix it). 60% blockage of the esophagus.