SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Probably should have thought that one through a little better
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Probably should have thought that one through a little better Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
I can't imagine how this could be misinterpreted. Big Grin

https://www.local10.com/news/f...nterpreted-as-sexual

The sign outside the Bella Villa Baptist Church read: "Forgiveness is swallowing when you want to spit."

Representatives from the church say the sign was "completely innocent" and was "intended as encouragement to forgive." However, many interpreted the sign in a salacious manner.

A woman in the community posted the sign on Facebook, saying she did a U-turn to come back and take a photo. Many people commented with laughter, with another writing, "Don't think they thought this through."

The church said it intends to remove the forgiveness message after the controversy.

"We apologize if anyone was offended," officials from the church wrote.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Da fuq? That has to be the work of trolls.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Now that's funny Big Grin

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If (big if) this is legit, there's no way they could possibly think it would be interpreted any other way.

Posts: 2485 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
"Salacious"? Apparently some folks have dirtier minds than I do....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
HA! Big Grin

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought that was the difference between "Love" and "Like".

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I went to a church where the pastor grew up in the church, went to college for ministry and went straight to preaching. In other words, he never experienced the sinful world. He would innocently say naive things like this that would get a chuckle but he never knew why. Could just be naiveté.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
So nobody would be surprised if it were a Catholic church?

Posts: 6469 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
There's a web site out there somewhere that lets you "customize" church signs.

Seems like a recipe for all sorts of inappropriate fun! Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
So nobody would be surprised if it were a Catholic church?

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Dat FUNNY!

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Bella Vista is putting the duh in Flor-i-duh.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Preacher's daughter in charge of the signage?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43877 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post