SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lay's Sea salted thick cut chips
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lay's Sea salted thick cut chips Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
These are my favorites, but they seem to be disappearing from stores. HEB no longer has them, the other small market doesn't now, Amazon wants $11-12/bag, normally $3.50-4.00/bag.

What's the deal?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cape Cod makes some really good waffle cut chips.

http://www.capecodchips.com/pr...affle-cut-chips.html

Very thick and crunchy. Great with sandwiches.

Have you ever tried them??

-----------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Seeing more of the cape cod's here too. The Kirkland signature Kettle sea salt from Costco ain't bad either Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I'll ship you some Utz potato chips if you want?

My favorite is the Grandma Utz, they are thick and fried in lard, not oil and are CRAZY DELICIOUS!

http://www.getutz.com/get-snac...ips/grandma-utz.html

Posts: 33770 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lay's Sea salted thick cut chip

Have you tried Tar-jay? They have them in stock locally here, just change the location after you clickificate below

Tarjay Chips Link

also if your local store stopped stocking them, its possible its a product decision at corporate I've had that happen here and talked to the manager, a Stubbs BBQ sauce they carried was dropped.

They will special order you the product to pick up at the service counter if it's something they sell and warehouse, but not at your store for no charge. have them get you a case...

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like PA Sig mentioned.... try Grandma Utz....

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
WalMart has them:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sim...hips-8.5-oz/10900040

Just order $35 worth for free shipping! Big Grin

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I called Frito Lay for you, Jim, and they said Target is the main place to find them within 50 miles of San Antonio. Target's website, however, says they are not in stores within 100 miles of San Antonio, which sounds like your experience.

I think 41's suggestion is the best one if you want this exact product, provided you are hungry.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Walmart will ship free on $35 or more, but the max order is 8, $24 worth!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
The problem is, the sea is running out of salt.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Are there any WalMarts in your area?? They have the Great Value brand with Sea Salt...8 ounces for $1.00...yes, I am guilty. Big Grin Not a good way to lose weight but life has its ups and downs.

Edit: I tried to add 7 more bags to the 8 and they said no. Why would they limit the sale??

This WalMart in your area allows 12 bags!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lay...-Chips-8-oz/44185595

Check out some of the other varieties...Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper....mmmmuuummmm

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

Are there any WalMarts in your area?? They have the Great Value brand with Sea Salt...8 ounces for $1.00...yes, I am guilty. Big Grin Not a good way to lose weight but life has its ups and downs.

Edit: I tried to add 7 more bags to the 8 and they said no. Why would they limit the sale??

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lay...-Chips-8-oz/44185595

Check out some of the other varieties...Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper....mmmmuuummmm

Sea salt and vinegar..... blehhhhhhh!

I'm not too much worried about gaining weight. I don't eat enough anyway.

Any idea why the stuff I want seems to be disappearing?

This happened with Chicken Tonight years ago. We liked several of the flavors, then it got harder and harder to buy, finally disappeared.

Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Why would anyone need such a high capacity box of chips! Oh, the HORROR! Razz
Maybe there's a 3 day waiting period to buy that many chips.

Posts: 5759 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Heh, "Sea Salt" Reminds me of some random cooking show I was watching, the contestant said they used sea salt, Alton Brown asked them "is there any other kind?" Big Grin

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1967Goat:
quote:
Originally posted by 41:

Why would anyone need such a high capacity box of chips! Oh, the HORROR! Razz
Maybe there's a 3 day waiting period to buy that many chips.

I wanted to buy 12 bags to get over the $35 threshold for free two day shipping. If I drove into town to the store, I would be happy to buy 2 or 3.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I'll ship you some Utz potato chips if you want?

My favorite is the Grandma Utz, they are thick and fried in lard, not oil and are CRAZY DELICIOUS!

http://www.getutz.com/get-snac...ips/grandma-utz.html

Yummy Chips, but can't get 'em out here.

I miss Hanover Pennsylvania, the Potato Chip/Pretzel center of the USA.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:

Yummy Chips, but can't get 'em out here.

I miss Hanover Pennsylvania, the Potato Chip/Pretzel center of the USA.

From their site 3 pound boxes go for $12.99 plus shipping.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Have you tried the Biscuits-n-Gravy flavor? Very tasty.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I REALLY miss these.

Alas, they didn't win.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait!? I thought we were boycotting both Target AND Lays/Pepsi?

BTW, you can make your own healthier chips by thin slicing potatoes and baking them on a flat pan with Olive Oil on it at @ 450F or so. I like to toss in a bunch of garlic (or whatever) near the end and sprinkle some finishing salt..mmmmmm

The garlic doesn't get chopped up so the wife, who hates it (but has had some change on that), can pick it out. The trick is not to put the garlic in at the start as it cooks so fat. You can use a clove to rub the oil around at the start for extra flavor if you want.

https://thinkprogress.org/trum...oycotts-ca81001849e1

although the lying dogs at CNN have a differing version of that....

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/1...ott-trump/index.html

http://www.thewrap.com/pepsi-b...oods-kendall-jenner/

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post