SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    airstrikes in Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

airstrikes in Syria Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Question:
Wouldn't it be cheaper, less risky and more efficient to kill Bashar? He is the problem, right?

Oddly enough, we have some rules/laws about assassinating a head of state

Yep. That would be Executive Order 12333 signed by Reagan:

"No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination."

quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Do you think Kim Jong-Un in N. Korea is paying attention? Hell yeah he is.

Probably doing what his daddy did when the invasion of Iraq started. He hid, went out of sight for a little bit.

LOL. We’ve got lots of laws and rules our government doesn’t follow. I’m sure laws don’t enter into the equation in some circles.

Posts: 3953 | Location: UNK | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Prayers for the good guys.

Posts: 13014 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Russia claims Syria air defences shot down 71 of 103 missiles.

Yeah ok. Anyone buying that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Yeah-no!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7840 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
quote:

Yeah-no!

I thought Putin said they would shoot them all down. Wink

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished
posted Hide Post
I don't think this attack will accomplish anything.

Posts: 4075 | Location: NC | Registered: December 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cyberiad:
I don't think this attack will accomplish anything.

It already has, firstly it telegraphs to the rest of the world that America no longer has a pussy in the White House. Secondly, it shows that Trump will make a decisions and follow through.

I don't like us being the worlds police, but using gas on troops, civilians or other peoples is wrong. And is worthy of being bombed back into the stoneage

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
It also sends a clear message to rocket man. Do not eff with us.

Always negotiate from a position of strength.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Actions do speak louder than words. Trump to Assad, “Can you hear me now?”

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
When this was happening there should have been one more targeting his living quarters. Doesn't really matter if he is there or not.

That would really send a message.

There is only one thing Assad, Lil Kim or the Mullahs really care about, that's their own personal safety. The rest is just a big chess game to them.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
Russian Ambassador warns of "Consequences".

Daily Wire

Mr. Blond on- "You gonna bark all day little doggie......or are you gonna bite?"

I say good luck with that.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be Careful What You Wish For...
Picture of Monk
posted Hide Post
quote:

They intercepted them with their buildings.

Georgeair: "...looking around my house this morning, it's not easily defended for long by two people in the event of real anarchy. The entryways might be slick for the latecomers though...."

Posts: 11865 | Location: Hoisting the colors in a strange land | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
When this was happening there should have been one more targeting his living quarters. Doesn't really matter if he is there or not.

There is only one thing Assad, Lil Kim or the Mullahs really care about, that's their own personal safety. The rest is just a big chess game to them.

That's exactly what I was saying a few days ago..
Didn't Reagan do that to Kadaffi?

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The Russians have another problem.

They sell a bunch of their military hardware to all these third world despots and can claim it's just as good as the American stuff or even better. That works right up until the first shot is fired, or in this case, the first missile launch.

If their stuff is shown to be ineffective, the value goes down and Russia's ability to sell it at top dollar goes with it.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
quote:

That's exactly what I was saying a few days ago..
Didn't Reagan do that to Kadaffi?

He did and I think he killed one of his sons. That got the point across.
One thing people seem to have forgotten in the cloud of the Iraq mess.
Shortly after we toppled Saddam, Gaddafi suddenly agreed to give up any weapons of mass destruction, settled the Pan Am 103 claims and generally got a lot nicer to the US. He also gave up the guys involved although they only went to the Hague for a trial and that whole thing was a mess.
You don't bring terrorists to trial, you quietly eliminate them like Israel does.

posted Hide Post
Lots of global dynamics in play- It's not just the chemical attack. I don't think this was haphazard it's part of a larger strategy. If Trump could separate North Korea from the "Axis of Evil". Yeah I'm naive but if rocket man wanted to be a rockstar he could do it diplomatically.

Got me But I don't trust the status quo, I don't trust the establishment. Trumps None of the Above.

The terms tactic and strategy are often confused: tactics are the actual means used to gain an objective, while strategy is the overall campaign plan, which may involve complex operational patterns, activity, and decision-making that govern tactical execution.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:

The missiles did come down, right? I would just claim that all 103 were shot down. They shot right down to the ground, and went boom.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Russians have another problem.

They sell a bunch of their military hardware to all these third world despots and can claim it's just as good as the American stuff or even better. That works right up until the first shot is fired, or in this case, the first missile launch.

If their stuff is shown to be ineffective, the value goes down and Russia's ability to sell it at top dollar goes with it.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Lol would you expect the Russians to claim otherwise? Do people really think the enemy is going to say "Dam you got us, that was good. We couldn't do shit against that". Of course not. The only reason they didn't claim total superiority over the missles is becaue then people would know they are lying.

It's like Hitler telling the German people they are winning the war as bombs are falling all over Berlin. Even if you suck you can't tell people you suck.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post