SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    airstrikes in Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

airstrikes in Syria Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
President Trump announced we are conducting air strikes on Syria chem wpn sites.

He was just on Fox.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13...-us-syria/index.html

President Donald Trump announced on Friday he ordered strikes on the Syrian regime in response for a chemical weapon attack last weekend.

"I ordered the United States armed forces to launch precision strikes on targets associated with the chemical weapon capabilities of Syrian dictator of Bashar al-Assad," Trump said from the White House Diplomatic Room.

Trump said the strikes were in coordination with France and the United Kingdom, adding that the purpose of the campaign is to "establish a strong deterrent against the production, spread and use of chemical weapons."

"The combined American, British and French response to these atrocities will integrate all instruments of our national power: military, economic and diplomatic," Trump said.
Trump indicated the strikes would continue until the Syrian regime's use of chemical weapons ends.

"We are prepared to sustain this response until the Syrian regime stops its use of prohibited chemical agents," Trump said.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Damn it.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
This should have been done w/ the last administration, after drawing the line.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR78
posted Hide Post
My son is with the 22nd STS at McChord. Got a text from him earlier today telling us he’s going to be out of pocket for while and tell Mom I love her.

Posts: 1963 | Location: DFW | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well, now we will know just how much Putin is invested in the region. Interesting time we live in.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
AP:

Loud explosions light up skies over Syrian capital, heavy smoke as President Trump announces airstrikes

https://twitter.com/AP?ref_src...serp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Prayers for our war fighters!

Posts: 7721 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Tgrshrk99
posted Hide Post
God bless all in harms way.

Posts: 606 | Location: Between here and the end of the line | Registered: November 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Russia is like a barking dog, smack them on the nose and they growl at you. And later when you are not looking they piss on your shoes.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Loud explosions light up skies over Syrian capital, heavy smoke as President Trump announces airstrikes

Weird.

What happened to that whole "We will shoot down any missiles and whatever it is they were launched from" threat?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
No bueno.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
it is 430am in Syria

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
It's obvious we have a different President than the last one. Screw red lines!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I can't help but feel anxious.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
There is nothing wrong with attacking known chemical weapons sights. Wether they were involved in the last attack or not. If they were, good. If they were not it is a good excuse to pummel the sites we know about.

Trump WILL NOT send troops into Syria. Gen. Mattis will not let him. I have faith in Gen. Mattis.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
This should be interesting. Hoping things....trend positively!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I thought his brief speech was the right kind for the situation at hand. The bad guys in the world have something to think about, like they used to, and I think that's good. A school bully keeps punching and hurting until a righteous soul punches back. And who wants chemical weapons to come back into common use after the world agreed to ban them after the Great War. Bashar is bad people, and he needs to stop fucking the Middle East and the United States. That Trump was able to bring the UK and France into the strike was a great move. I wish I knew what relative level of assests are being used by these two allies, though irrelevant right now.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8634 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Oddly enough, I am perfectly calm on this one.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Oddly enough, I am perfectly calm on this one.

Unlike the last one, I'm not.

Having said that, I fully support the action.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ll admit that I am completely ignorant in US and Syrian relations. Can anyone give me a readers digest version of what’s going on and why this is a US problem?

-----------------------
be safe.

Posts: 260 | Location: DFW, Texas | Registered: June 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post