SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    airstrikes in Syria
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

airstrikes in Syria Login/Join 
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Do you think Kim Jong-Un in N. Korea is paying attention? Hell yeah he is. This action goes way beyond more than Syria. Russia, China, Iran are all paying close attention. So are our allies. This is a message to the whole world that we are back.

Jim

Exactly.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
FWIW.......I heard GEN Mattis started talking and reporters showed up out of fear.

Lol, full disclosure, the first time I served under Gen Mattis was way back in the late 90's when he was a Col with the 7th Marine Regiment out in 29 Palms. Next time I was under him was when he was the Commander of the 1st Mar Div. in the 2000's.

Until the day I die I will defer to his combat brain. He does NOT risk Marine lives. Or American lives. He is the closest American we have to Gen. Patton that has ever lived.

His mission is Country, and then his Marines. I am proud to know him, to have served under him, and to know that he is still serving our Country.

If he says it's right, I am good with that.

No, we have forum members here who are much wiser and better informed, even though they haven't seen ANY of the intelligence on the matter. Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
It's apparently a three year old video from Ukraine.

Yup...deleted it.

Nice, deleted your/my quote

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigolicious:
FWIW.......I heard GEN Mattis started talking and reporters showed up out of fear.

Lol, full disclosure, the first time I served under Gen Mattis was way back in the late 90's when he was a Col with the 7th Marine Regiment out in 29 Palms. Next time I was under him was when he was the Commander of the 1st Mar Div. in the 2000's.

Until the day I die I will defer to his combat brain. He does NOT risk Marine lives. Or American lives. He is the closest American we have to Gen. Patton that has ever lived.

His mission is Country, and then his Marines. I am proud to know him, to have served under him, and to know that he is still serving our Country.

If he says it's right, I am good with that.

Wow. I envy you brother.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think Kim Jong-Un in N. Korea is paying attention? Hell yeah he is...

More than that, he may use this as an opportunity to take action of his own. Certainly not a full-scale invasion of the South, but some form of intimidation against ROK and/or Japan, just to stir things up.

Keep your eyes on Lil Kim and his Chinese friends.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
quote:

More than that, he may use this as an opportunity to take action of his own. Certainly not a full-scale invasion of the South, but some form of intimidation against ROK and/or Japan, just to stir things up.

REally? Wait till Trump is in office to make your move? Like Trump or not, the window for shenanigans has passed. The first country to make a move WILL get pistol whipped.
The second will get more of the same.
Last I heard talks were suddenly in order.

Posts: 7320 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Wow. I envy you brother.

Were you 7th Marines? I was with 1st Tanks and back then we fell under 7th Marines. Apparently we should not have lol. Tanks are a Division asset, not a Regimental asset. I checked into 7th and had to go see "The Skipper" at reg who was then Lt. Col Mattis. Good times Smile

Semper Fi brother.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

the main targets per DoD

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
reminder to iran, NK, China and russia. in case you forgot, there's a new sheriff in town. one who is not afraid to use the awesome power of the US if necessary.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Wow. I envy you brother.

Were you 7th Marines? <snip>

I was not. My claim to fame is having a fantastic pic taken with then Commandant Al Grey. Chaos was not even a blip on my radar in 90'.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dsiets:
quote:
quote:

Really? Wait till Trump is in office to make your move? Like Trump or not, the window for shenanigans has passed. The first country to make a move WILL get pistol whipped.
The second will get more of the same.
Last I heard talks were suddenly in order.

Totally concur. No idea where newtoSig765 gets that notion. Xi Jinping doesn't indicate he's disposed to any such thing and would not countenance anything even close from Kim Jong-Un. This despite China's south China Sea artificial island building business.

Shout out to mblinky: you're fortunate to have known the man! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Chaos was not even a blip on my radar in 90'.

Call sign Chaos is on EVERY Marines radar Wink

Semper Fi brother. Be safe.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Question:
Wouldn't it be cheaper, less risky and more efficient to kill Bashar? He is the problem, right?

Oddly enough, we have some rules/laws about assassinating a head of state

Yep. That would be Executive Order 12333 signed by Reagan:

"No person employed by or acting on behalf of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination."

quote:
Do you think Kim Jong-Un in N. Korea is paying attention? Hell yeah he is.

Probably doing what his daddy did when the invasion of Iraq started. He hid, went out of sight for a little bit.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To Bald1:

You have to avoid tunnel vision. All our enemies will be watching for opportunities, and this is a good one, when they thing we're totally focused on Syria.

As I said, there most-likely won't be a military attack, but intimidation will be a possibility that one must keep in mind. Trump is up to it, as he has proven may times throughout his career.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Chaos was not even a blip on my radar in 90'.

Call sign Chaos is on EVERY Marines radar Wink

Semper Fi brother. Be safe.

Yes J.J. ... It's time for HIM!

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
You have to avoid tunnel vision. All our enemies will be watching for opportunities

And our enemies have never come against Gen. Mattis.

Seriously. The greatest military mind of our century.

Can I quote a Jaws song?

"Farewell and adieu to ye fair Spanish ladies..."

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
To Bald1:

You have to avoid tunnel vision. All our enemies will be watching for opportunities, and this is a good one, when they thing we're totally focused on Syria.

As I said, there most-likely won't be a military attack, but intimidation will be a possibility that one must keep in mind. Trump is up to it, as he has proven may times throughout his career.

Totally focused on Syria? This is just a drop in the bucket, focused on a few chemical plants. This is a finger, not a fist.

Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
First it was sarin, then definitely chlorine gas, and now it's back to sarin. Whatever it is they claim today, I honestly don't have a problem using it against ISIS/A-Q fighters and their families. Reeks of Clinton going into Kosovo to help Islamic fighters.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was not. My claim to fame is having a fantastic pic taken with then Commandant Al Grey. Chaos was not even a blip on my radar in 90'.

Here is one of my favorite clips. The Marines Hymn.

We always trust in Gen Mattis. Always.