SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Nicky Hayden has died. The motorcycle world lost someone very special today
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nicky Hayden has died. The motorcycle world lost someone very special today Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I cannot believe someone who made a career from racing motorcycles near 200 mph would die in a bicycle crash. The irony stings quite a bit.

The last American to win a MotoGP championship died today. Nicky is the reason I love 90° twins. His mastery on the RC51 was nothing short of incredible, it was the last big hurrah for Honda V twin superbikes before the rule changes and inline fours began to dominate. For 90° Twin fans like myself what he did was awesome. I will one day soon have a Nicky Hayden edition RC51 in my garage.

RIP Nicky Hayden.

Link to article

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Bicycles and cars don't mix.
Bob Wollek, a great endurance racer was killed in 2001 riding his bicycle back to his hotel while racing at Sebring.

Posts: 9501 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
That sucks hard.

I was riding a Honda CBR600RR right around the time Nicky Hayden won the MotoGP. Repsol colors were very popular that year...

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Nicky.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hearing about this was like a punch in the gut. He was a very tough, talented rider and a fine ambassador for America.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Damn. What an ironic shame. RIP, sir.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Damn I saw Nicky race the Peoria TT races, he is the reason i started watching Moto.

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
My little brother use to race flat track against the Haydens when he was a little kid. I say Haydens because there were three including his sister. One of the Haydens had his father and uncle run along side the bike after the race to try to catch it because they were to young to stop and put their feet on the ground.

It's sad he passed away.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
Great guy, great racer.
Frown

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Kentucky Kid.

Posts: 3230 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I so enjoyed watching him race, and rooting for him. RIP Nicky

Posts: 6616 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What a list of goals for a 12 year old. He accomplished them and much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
What a damn shame. RIP.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Frown No other words.

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The candle that burns twice as bright, and all that.

In Hayden's case it was burning about 1000 times as bright.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31435 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
http://www.14news.com/story/35...way-after-bike-crash

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awful news Frown

Posts: 7549 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
Damn. RIP Nicky. What talent. Loved watching him in MotoGP. Thanks for the post. I haven't seen MotoGP last year or this year due to a channel change in my area. My pkg doesn't have it anymore. Prayers for his family.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Damn, in a sport where there's few American's competing at the top of his sport, this sucks.

Posts: 14652 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
My son and I were fortunate enough to watch Nicky race at Mid-Ohio in 97 or 98. If I'm not mistaken his brother Tommy raced that day as well. RIP

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post