SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    IRS waring Do not use iTunes Gift Cards to pay your taxes.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

IRS waring Do not use iTunes Gift Cards to pay your taxes. Login/Join 
posted
I got a call from the IRS scammers saying they had a CP503 for back taxes.

After screwing with them for a while, I went to the IRS website to report them.

This notice appeared at the top of the page.

"Do not use iTunes Gift Cards to pay your taxes."

You have heard it direct from the IRS.

Eek

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Wait............what?

Really? Big Grin

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I hope they are still accepting Google Play gift cards, or I'm screwed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that leaves Bitcoin out.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Good to know. Luckily, I already paid mine with Green Dot cards from Walmart, after the nice IRS Agent with the funny accent called to warn me I was delinquent.

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Well, SHIT!

I just spent 2 hours at Wegman's buying every iTunes card they had!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
NO problem.

I'll use my Starbuck's gift cards. I never go there anyway.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Had a call today congratulating me for paying my cards on time and they're going to lower my interest rates to zero. On all my cards.

I just need to verify my credit card number or the last 4 digits of my social security number.

I said, "ok, I'll verify." Then wait.

"Sir, are you serious about wanting to lower your interest rates to zero? Then I need you to veryify your credit card number."

"I've been waiting to verify my number. I thought you were going to read off my CC and I'll verify that it's the correct one."

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19663 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post