SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quotes from my daughter
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quotes from my daughter Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
Yesterday was the first day of Daddy/Daughter Roadtrip 2017. We're going to be spending a few days in Denver taking in a few things along the way. Yesterday we drove form Phoenix to Taos, New Mexico. I already knew, but this trip is confirming it, I've got a very smart assed pre-teen daughter.

At the meteor crater,

"My God, this caused more destruction than one of Godfather Mike's farts."

One of the more entertaining things we saw was a car pulling over on the shoulder of I-40, the driver bail, proceed to drop his shorts and take a dump on the side of the interstate not even bothering to make it to a bush or rock to save some dignity. Now every time we've seen a roadside historical marker,

"I wonder what famous person took a dump here?"

Bailing off of I-25 north of Albuquerque to fill up the truck. The big gas station right at the exit had a price posted of $2.91/gallon, it's about $2.09 in Phoenix. Needless to say we drove about a mile down the road and filled up for $1.89/gallon.

"My God, that's more expensive than bottled water at Disneyland!"

Driving through a small town on US285 in New Mexico towards Taos,

"Why does every building look like a Taco Bell?"

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 2000Z-71,

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
She is wise beyond her years. Smile

Good job, Dad!

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1903 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Living my life my way
Picture of molachi
posted Hide Post
Definetly sounds like a smart girl.

Posts: 1756 | Location: The Backyard of Nowhere | Registered: August 09, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
And to think, she's just getting warmed up. Smile

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Snark is strong in this one.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2066 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Chip off the old man eh? hehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
My how times change.
If my daughters had talked that way they would have been punished.

Even my sons were mot allowed to talk that way.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: gjgalligan,

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4134 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
John has a
long moustashe
Picture of john1
posted Hide Post
"Driving through a small town on US285 in New Mexico towards Taos"

Honk when you go through Jefferson...

Posts: 593 | Location: Rural NW Oklahoma | Registered: June 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
My how times change.

I've learned to pick my battles. Yes, my daughter can be a smart ass and sarcastic as well. I can't punish her for something that has me uncontrollably laughing. She's not dropping f-bombs, taking the Lord's name in vein or being disrespectful to an individual. Learning and pushing the limits as well as learning what is appropriate and when is all part of growing up.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
My how times change.

I've learned to pick my battles. Yes, my daughter can be a smart ass and sarcastic as well. I can't punish her for something that has me uncontrollably laughing. She's not dropping f-bombs, taking the Lord's name in vein or being disrespectful to an individual. Learning and pushing the limits as well as learning what is appropriate and when is all part of growing up.

I totally agree. My four year old granddaughter comes up with some downright hilarious stuff. Some of her quips come from me and some she thinks up on her own. I like her sense of humor and her spunk.

The other day she was here and when I dropped my cup of coffee all over the floor she looked at me, as she casually walked by, and asked me if my mother had any kids that lived. I thought it was hilarious.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5039 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Encourage witt. Don't correct anything that isn't disrespectful to authority figures. Of course, you already know this.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post