SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Rocket Science Time: British and Canadian face 10 years in Thai prison for defacing ancient wall
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rocket Science Time: British and Canadian face 10 years in Thai prison for defacing ancient wall Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oat_Action_Man:
Anyone remember Michael Fay getting caned in Singapore all those years ago??

Yes and it probably did him a world of good.

Posts: 8610 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t seem too
“After his release from prison in June 1994, Fay returned to the United States to live with his biological father.[22] He gave several television interviews, including one with his American lawyer on CNN with Larry King on June 29, 1994, in which he admitted taking road signs but denied vandalizing cars.[23] He also claimed that he was ill-treated during questioning, but had shaken hands with the caning operative after his four strokes had been administered.

Several months after returning to the United States, Fay suffered burns to his hands and face after a butane incident.[24][25][26] He was subsequently admitted to the Hazelden rehabilitation program for butane abuse.[24] He claimed that sniffing butane "made him forget what happened in Singapore." In 1996, he was cited in Florida for a number of violations, including careless driving, reckless driving, not reporting a crash, and having an open bottle of alcohol in a car.[28] Later, in 1998, still in Florida, Fay was arrested for possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia, charges to which he confessed but was acquitted because of technical errors in his arrest.”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigcrazy7:
Why many young people feel the need to destroy is a complete mystery to me.

It's less about destruction and more about narcissism. Me, me me, look at me, look what I did, I'm so cool, I'm so important, and you don't matter.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10353 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have heard it said that spraying graffiti on buildings and other stuff is "art" or "urban expression".
Nope. Destructive vandalism. Ugly, too.
So these two were shit faced when they did this? Just makes it worse. Jail them.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16063 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Nope. Destructive vandalism. Ugly, too.
So these two were shit faced when they did this? Just makes it worse. Jail them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I have a thought. In lieu of jail how about a forehead tatoo with something ugly.

Posts: 17221 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post