SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Things that make no sense, until you remember a government and the media are involved
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things that make no sense, until you remember a government and the media are involved Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Take this case from the news:

quote:
http://www.foxnews.com: Arrest after human remains found at Lake Mead encased in concrete

A man has been arrested in connection with a body found encased in concrete near Lake Mead.

Edward Bedrusian, 54 was booked in the Clark County Detention Center in Nevada on one count of first-degree murder with a deadly weapon Saturday, according to court documents.

ROSAL

I always thought "murder", in particular "first-degree murder", and "deadly weapon" are like peas in a pod. You generally use some kind of weapon to murder a person, which make that weapon used that way deadly by default.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not to make light of a murder, but there seems to be quite a bit missing from this article.Pardon the pun.

Posts: 403 | Registered: November 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
I always thought "murder", in particular "first-degree murder", and "deadly weapon" are like peas in a pod. You generally use some kind of weapon to murder a person, which make that weapon used that way deadly by default.
Numerous ways to murder someone without a deadly weapon - drowning them in concrete, strangle them and encase in concrete, etc.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Hey...

You don't know nuthin'
You didn't see nuthin'
You ain't got nuthin'

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

What makes no sense to me is the US Army Modular Handgun where they include small, medium, and large Grip Modules for soldiers to use the one that best fits them, but add an anti-tamper device so soldiers can't change the Grip Module or remove the FCU for cleaning.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7120053424

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Having multiple troops guarding an empty motor pool (a parking lot) with loaded weapons, 24/7, because we happened to be at war more than 10,000 miles away and thems the rules. Pointlessness never stopped the government in many of my own experiences.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post