SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gov. Greitens indicted on felony invasion of privacy charge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gov. Greitens indicted on felony invasion of privacy charge Login/Join 
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
IF said photo exists, and IF it is proven to not be taken with knowledge and consent, and IF he used said photo nefariously.

This is still all allegations and an indictment, in this horrid climate of "all men are evil", is it not?

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Serves him right.

Regardless of his former military status

He cheated on his wife...

Tried to blackmail the mistress for silence...
POS in my book

Seems as if an indictment is a guilty verdict in your book too.

POS maybe, but cheating on one's wife isn't a crime.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

you are right...

it's not illegal to cheat...

If you can't keep a vow to your wife; you are a piece of shit.

And blackmail, well it's sorta illegal too-and he's the governor-he knows better. But he was weak and has a weak character and deserves to lose his job and family.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
SEAL following his cock?

Not surprising.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
IF said photo exists, and IF it is proven to not be taken with knowledge and consent, and IF he used said photo nefariously.

This is still all allegations and an indictment, in this horrid climate of "all men are evil", is it not?

Nope! Just read some of the responses here. You don't have to actually "do" anything - just be indicted by the most liberal city in the state and presto! You're guilty.

Reading some responses, I'd say the indictment had exactly the desired effect.

Even though he's being indicted for something that has been denied by the woman he had the affair with.

Even though he's being drug through the mud for an affair that A: his wife knew about, and B: happened before the election.

Even though this is all being propped up by claims made by the jilted ex-husband of the woman he had the affair with, not actual proof.

Is he a sleaze? Well yeah, he's a politician, I thought that was implied?

But I don't really give a damn. He's done more for law and order and deregulation than our last three governors combined. I don't need a role model. I don't need a super-hero. I just need a leader to keep the taxes down, the economy up, and the malcontents in jail.

Truth be told, I didn't give a damn when slick Willie did it either. I DID give a damn when he got on TV and lied to us about it.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
You're a governor and you're using a photo to blackmail a hairdresser???? Like she's got more to lose if the story every gets out? That doesn't add up.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Some particulars about this case:

1. The affair occurred well before he becamue Governor.

2. The alleged victim (mistress) isn't talking, doesn't want to prosecute. She did not testify for grand jury.

3. The indictment is based on an audio recording the ex husband made when talking to ex wife (mistress).

4. This indictment is a big reach and very weak, since the victim doen't want to prosecute or assist in the prosecution. Funny thing, just this week St. Louis City PA Kim Gardner dropped charges against two highway shooters because the victim wouldn't testify or assist in the prosecution.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't buy any of it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Also California state senator Mendoza and Nashville, TN mayor Megan Barry today:

http://www.latimes.com/politic...-20180222-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story...de-photos/364425002/

Ugh. I only half-heartedly want to read these stories, but then all the stupid not-really-news sites block me because of my ad blocker. SOOooo I copy paste to Edge and their ads and auto-play videos lock up the browser and don't even allow it to load the page. Well done, idiots at latimes.com and usatoday.com

Well done.

*closes tabs*

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9152 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
3. The indictment is based on an audio recording the ex husband made when talking to ex wife (mistress).

As I originally heard it the recording was made without her knowledge, and she was explaining why she was continuing to sleep with him. You know, somebody getting caught doing something they shouldn't wouldn't possibly fib about certain details to deflect responsibility.

The ex-husband also released the tape he made without her knowledge to the public. So I'm confident this has NOTHING to do with any sort of revenge on his part against his ex-wife. And for a guy who seems to have a real problem with things happening "without her knowledge", he doesn't seem to have any issues when he does the same.

And let's assume that all of this is true but the shoe was on the other foot. Mr. Now Governor was having an affair years ago and the Mistress took his photo. Today she comes out with the #metoo movement, but unlike the others, she has a photograph to prove her story. You think she's getting charged with a crime?

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't buy any of it.

Completely agree.

Some of the reactions here definitely show the effectiveness of these tactics at discrediting anyone of stature.

Posts: 5127 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorSolo:

Some of the reactions here definitely show the effectiveness of these tactics at discrediting anyone of stature.

Yup.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:

Nope! Just read some of the responses here. You don't have to actually "do" anything - just be indicted by the most liberal city in the state and presto! You're guilty.

Reading some responses, I'd say the indictment had exactly the desired effect....

There are two issues:
1. legal
2. political

Legally, it's a trumped up charge Kim Gardner would not have brought against anyone else.

Politically, Kim Gardner may end up winning, because the Republican legislature is rumbling. He may be impeached. That's an open question at this point.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
If you can’t beat ‘em, geld ‘em.

And sell newspapers!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Uh oh. The prosecutors don’t actually have the photo at the heart of this case? WTF?

If they can’t produce the photo, it is time for the Gov to kick ass and take names...

http://www.kmov.com/story/3761...art-of-greitens-case

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
The photo almost doesn’t matter any more. It will make the criminal case either yea or nea, but politically, it has served its purpose.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Not only is there no photo, the prosecutor hired out of state private investigators to do the investigation, not sworn state law enforcement.

Liberal Democrat Black Female Prosecutor,she muddies his name regardless of outcome and achieves the Democratic goal get rid of a Republican that can't be beat at the ballot.

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
Uh oh. The prosecutors don’t actually have the photo at the heart of this case? WTF?

If they can’t produce the photo, it is time for the Gov to kick ass and take names...

This is my shocked face.

Oh really? Nothing? No information, no evidence, no nothing?

Just a jilted ex-husband, an over-zealous prosecutor, and an investigation paid for by out of state dollars to hide facts?

Shocked!!! Shocked, I am.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

you are right...

it's not illegal to cheat...

If you can't keep a vow to your wife; you are a piece of shit.

And blackmail, well it's sorta illegal too-and he's the governor-he knows better. But he was weak and has a weak character and deserves to lose his job and family.

But he was weak and has a weak character and deserves to lose his job and family.

For an affair that happened before he was even in office? Kind of like the Stormy Daniels story? How far back should we go when overturning the results of an election?

... and it just so happens that Greitens is also a political outsider with some different ideas.... and it's some of the Republican insiders, complicit with the Democrats, who want him gone.

They very well may impeach him.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't buy any of it.

Hairdresser-mistress who accused disgraced Missouri governor of taking racy photo to blackmail her now admits she might have DREAMED seeing him with a camera phone

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post