SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gov. Greitens indicted on felony invasion of privacy charge
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gov. Greitens indicted on felony invasion of privacy charge Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
ST. LOUIS (KMOV.com) -- Missouri governor Eric Greitens was indicted Thursday on one count of invasion of privacy.

The charge says Greitens knowingly took a photograph of a woman in a "state of full or partial nudity without the knowledge and consent" of that woman. The charge goes on to say the photograph was taken "in a place where a person would have a reasonable expectation of privacy, and the defendant subsequently transmitted the image contained in the photograph in a manner that allowed access to that image via a computer."

Invasion of Privacy in the 1st Degree is a Class D Felony in Missouri.

In January, following a News 4 report, the Circuit Attorney announced she would be launching a criminal investigation into allegations against the governor.

Greitens admitted in January to having an affair with a hairdresser. In a recording obtained by News 4, the woman said she had a sexual encounter with Greitens and that he tried to blackmail her with an image to keep the encounter quiet. Greitens has repeatedly denied the blackmail allegations. He has also repeatedly declined to answer direct questions about whether or not he took a photo of the woman.

Investigators working with the St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office reached out to a number of lawmakers in Jefferson City in the on-going investigation into allegations against Missouri Governor Eric Greitens, News 4 reported last week. State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadal confirmed to News 4 her office was contacted by two investigators, Jack Foley and William Tisaby. State Representative Nate Walker also told News 4 that he had been contacted by the two men.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How to screw up your blossoming career in one quick step. Add him to the list of losers.

Posts: 3909 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Another loser who couldn't keep his dick contained.

Q

Posts: 26345 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
A former SEAL, I believe.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
He was also a Democrat until a few years ago.

Posts: 7393 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Could be a great guy & potentially fine Governor. It’s also possible he screwed the pooch with some dumbchit decisions, not the 1st or last to do so. Keeping it on the straight & narrow takes fortitude.

I’m sure some have been gunning for him too, need to watch out for that.

Posts: 6156 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Also California state senator Mendoza and Nashville, TN mayor Megan Barry today:

http://www.latimes.com/politic...-20180222-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story...de-photos/364425002/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
i always tell my wife you dont have to worry about me screwing around on you because putting up with one women is enough
for me Big Grin

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post

The Woman is always the downfall!

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8343 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Also a Rhodes scholar graduate from oxford university. Distinguished NSW career serving four years in the shit prior to leaving the teams as a Lt. Commander. Righteous dude for certain, no matter what the media says...
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

The media made it clear during and after the blue dress that "it's only sex" and it has nothing to do with fitness to govern or quality of government service.

Media can't have it both ways, can it?

I mean, really? Clinton can fuck anything he wants whenever he wants and that's A-OK, but if Greitens gets some strange pussy it's -- GASP! -- the end of the world?

Yeah, that's what I thought. If they didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all, would they?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Yes, he had the affair. I am reserving judgment because the indictment came out of the St. Louis City Prosecutor, a democrat PA in the same mode as the Baltimore and Chicago PA. The same office that brought us the Shockley Trial and resulting verdict.

Posts: 3926 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Also a Rhodes scholar graduate from oxford university. Distinguished NSW career serving four years in the shit prior to leaving the teams as a Lt. Commander. Righteous dude for certain, no matter what the media says...
quote:

The media made it clear during and after the blue dress that "it's only sex" and it has nothing to do with fitness to govern or quality of government service.

I mean, really? Clinton can fuck anything he wants whenever he wants and that's A-OK, but if Greitens gets some strange pussy it's -- GASP! -- the end of the world?

Yeah, that's what I thought. If they didn't have double standards, they wouldn't have any standards at all, would they?

The charge isn’t gettting laid, it’s taking pictures and possible blackmail. Did you read the OP?

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well then it’s not surprising at all.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
This is no different than what is going on with Trump.

The left is now looking to overthrow elections using other means when they loose.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15712 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Trump hasn't been indicted (yet-Mueller is trying)

quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
This is no different than what is going on with Trump.

The left is now looking to overthrow elections using other means when they loose.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Yes, he had the affair. I am reserving judgment because the indictment came out of the St. Louis City Prosecutor, a democrat PA in the same mode as the Baltimore and Chicago PA. The same office that brought us the Shockley Trial and resulting verdict.

Yes. This is looking very political on behalf of Kim Gardner...
Nevertheless there may be more coming. Stay tuned.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1s1k:
How to screw up your blossoming career in one quick step. Add him to the list of losers.

I was briefly involved on the inside of local politics. There was a young, handsome up and comer who was married to an absolute breath-taker. He said all the right things in all the right ways in his speeches. He made all the right friends and had just the right family. Like I said, he was a real up and comer. Then he was caught leaving a strip club and DUI. Worse, he tried to weasel out of it in the most weasely ways.

The wreckage of his life lay smoldering in a crater. Now he is a used car salesman. I kid you not.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
Also California state senator Mendoza and Nashville, TN mayor Megan Barry today:

http://www.latimes.com/politic...-20180222-story.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story...de-photos/364425002/

Thanks for posting this. Our current "mayor" is more disgraceful to true Nashville people than even Bill Boner (just look him up, it's painful).

Neither my wife nor myself voted for barry, partially because she relocated to our (previously) beautiful city from Kalifornia, and mainly because the Republican opponent was a classmate from my High School who is very intelligent, and understands the true issues of Nashville---because he grew up here---(we only had 74 in our class, so, yeah, we were on a first name basis).
It is truly sad how the city my family and my wife's family (at least 4 generations on both sides) has devolved.
The only true honor that mayor barry can demonstrate is to resign immediately. She is an embarrassment to the the city I have always loved. Sadly, liberal dems don't think the moral needle applies to them.... Mad Roll Eyes

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
quote:

The charge isn’t gettting laid, it’s taking pictures and possible blackmail. Did you read the OP?

Really, Jallen, you don't see the similarities?

Monica's memento is a DNA-bearing stain on her blue dress, Greitens' memento is a photograph.

And what is the objective of Greitens' alleged blackmail? How does that make sense? We are supposed to believe that the governor is blackmailing his side chick because he wants her money, or because he wants her house, or what? If the objective was to ensure her silence, then that was just plain stupid, and it sure as hell didn't work, did it?

My point remains this: The Left insists that as long as it's mutually consensual then we shouldn't care who fucks who because it's only sex and nobody else's business. BUT when it's a Republican that's getting the sex then it's somehow different and evil and a great big huge freaking deal.

Stated another way, it's OK for Monica to get her souvenir, but it's not OK for Greitens to get one. No double standard there, huh?

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Serves him right.

Regardless of his former military status

He cheated on his wife...

Tried to blackmail the mistress for silence...
POS in my book

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post