SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wanna Smile? - Happy, talkative rescue dog loves her life now
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wanna Smile? - Happy, talkative rescue dog loves her life now Login/Join 
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted
So sad that wonderful creatures like her are ignored, abandoned, and even killed.

She looks like an amazing companion.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Fvn9C6b6WE

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
My dog Highway is a non-stop talker. He is an Aussie cattle dog. He is our second one. Wingnut was our first Aussie, he talked to the TV. Both were rescues from West Virginia. Funny as all get out.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Great video Smile

quote:
Originally posted by GotDogs:
My dog Highway is a non-stop talker. He is an Aussie cattle dog. He is our second one. Wingnut was our first Aussie, he talked to the TV. Both were rescues from West Virginia. Funny as all get out.

Cattle dogs are the best! Gunner loves to talk all the time. It's hilarious when we tell him to do something he doesn't want to do. He will start mumbling under his breath while he stalks off to do what we told him to do Big Grin
His nickname is Grumblebutt.

Here he is sitting at the kitchen island 'helping' mom make Christmas cookies.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mttaylor1066
posted Hide Post
Damn winter allergies... maybe there's something in my eye... and my other eye...

Company, villainous company hath been the spoil of me.

Posts: 1598 | Location: Stamford, CT | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Gawd, I love stories like that. Rescue pets are the best!

Posts: 7260 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
That’s awesome! Both of our pups are rescues.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Is this also an Australian cattle dog? Is that coloration around the eye a common trait?

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

Is this also an Australian cattle dog? Is that coloration around the eye a common trait?

Blue Merle Queensland Heeler, also known as a Blue Heeler or a (Blue) Australian Cattle Dog. The merging gene causes spots and sometimes they show up around the eyes. A lot of times they don’t.

Posts: 6909 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
It’s amazing how many of the best stories involve people that have given neglected animals a chance. Animals truly teach us what true love is about.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:

Yes, he is. Australian cattle dogs come in 2 different color patterns - red or blue. Gunner is a true blue, with no tan or red markings. A red mother can have all red, blue or a mix of puppies and vice versa. They are usually called Blue or Red Heelers or Queensland Heelers. I've had dogs my entire life and never knew about Heelers until we got Gunner. I love this breed - extremely intelligent, happy, healthy, very energetic (need to be able to work or play a lot every day), and loyal - they stick to you like glue! Also, they are built like tanks, but are very fast and agile.

Oh, and the patch is not uncommon at all - either eye or a full mask. Heelers have a white patch on their forehead called a Bentley mark.

https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/australian-cattle-dog/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My rescue Pit looks a lot like her, and has a similar personality.
She's a licker and loves everyone and all other dogs.
She's my second Pit Bull and I'm hooked on the breed.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16508 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Given the breed, I'm sure right after the video ended that dog went ballistic and attacked everyone. Razz Roll Eyes

Very nice video. I'm a Dodo channel subscriber. Love their videos. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Boone likes to talk

Posts: 1568 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing your Family photos. Very handsome. Both my cattle dogs were/are smart. Too smart at times. Great watch dogs, love fetching, sticks to you like glue. Wingnut passed last year at 15 y.o. Highway is just shy of 2 y.o. Wingnut was a BEAUTIFUL Red heeler and Highway is a Blue heeler also with very unique markings which includes a Bentley inside of a Bentley. Great thread.

Posts: 2873 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post