SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Warthog flyover to kick off our LaPorte 4th parade today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warthog flyover to kick off our LaPorte 4th parade today Login/Join 
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted
Two A-10 Thunderbolts from the 122nd Fighter Wing (Ft Wayne NG) will kick off the festivities with a flyover. Hoping to get some decent video. It's been years since I've seen or heard Warthogs.

God bless Fairchild Republic, and God bless America!

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
BRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTT!!!!!

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10920 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
They have such a distinctive sound. I don't know why, but we see them flyover a couple of times each summer in on Lake Huron in Northern Michigan halfway between Rogers City and Cheboygan. Saw a pair about three weeks ago while talking to some down staters that were visiting the neighbor two houses down the beach. The guy thought I really knew something about airplanes because I identified them by sound.

Posts: 10824 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see one of those flying.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
[Warthog photo]

That's one of our old Warthogs, from the Arkansas Air National Guard's 188th Fighter Wing, the "Flying Razorbacks".

(The Razorback, a slang term for a wild hog, is the University of Arkansas' mascot. So the hog motif works for both the Warthog and Arkansas in general.)

Unfortunately, they took away our Warthogs back in 2014. The 188th is all drones now.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Photoman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by Photoman:
[Warthog photo]

That's one of our old Warthogs, from the Arkansas Air National Guard's 188th Fighter Wing, the "Flying Razorbacks".

(The Razorback, a slang term for a wild hog, is the University of Arkansas' mascot. So the hog motif works for both the Warthog and Arkansas in general.)

Unfortunately, they took away our Warthogs back in 2014. The 188th is all drones now.

Funny thing... I noticed the markings after I posted it. I've got a bunch of A-10 pics and that one is one of my favorites.

+++

Posts: 1561 | Registered: May 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I am a private pilot because as a child in Myrtle Beach in the 70's, they ran these out of the AFB and I fell in love. I adore them. A chief regret of my life is not pursuing being an AF pilot.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bayouman
posted Hide Post
They scare the bejesus out of the hajiis.

Bayouman
Never let the enemy pick the battle site.

Posts: 727 | Location: New Orleans, Louisiana  | Registered: June 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
"They scare the bejesus out of the hajiis"

As they should...

A-10's; they have a very distinct and unmistakable sound when they fly over.

A couple of months, a few visited the NG base where I live. I had no idea they were around, but knew exactly what I would see when I looked up. Our finest close air support platform.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
^^^
Awesome!

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post