SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TPMS tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TPMS tool Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking at getting a TPMS tool, to scan/program the TPMS on my 2013 Subaru WRX. What I'm looking for is something that I can use to program my ECU for my winter and summer tires and maybe in the future a set of track tires.

I'm looking for something that doesn't need a computer to work.

I'm looking to spend up to $500.00, but less money the better, if it does what I want.

Be nice for it to remember at least 12 TPMS. Thanks for as any help.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I will see what my tech uses at our shop tomorrow.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I was looking for the same thing when my MIL bought her 2013 Outback. I believe I concluded that Subaru makes it a royal PITA. Might be proprietary? Required their software - or their actual hardware? I don't remember exactly.

Good luck, and I'll be following this as well.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Here's one on Amazon that covers your Subaru, for $35...

https://www.amazon.com/AUGOCOM...id=1574348856&sr=8-7

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I don't think that one will work for a Subaru. The guys over at Discount/America's Tire have to break out the special OBDII tool to relearn my tires each time I do a five tire rotation.

Posts: 13046 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
This is what we use. A little out of your pricing parameters but a good tool. If you need any info send me a message and you can talk to my tech.

https://tiresupplynetwork.com/...ite-programming-tool

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5681 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DEC505
posted Hide Post
Our shop uses a Autel ts601. About $ 350

Hell has no fury like a liberal
confronted with reality

Posts: 814 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DEC505:
Our shop uses a Autel ts601. About $ 350

Does it need a PC/computer to work? I was looking at this but wasn't sure.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
You guys are talking about a TPMS re-learn tool right? $500.00?? I bought one for my 2019 Colorado off Amazon for around $25 and it works perfectly.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Pizza Bob:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I don't think that one will work for a Subaru. The guys over at Discount/America's Tire have to break out the special OBDII tool to relearn my tires each time I do a five tire rotation.

Hey, for $35 isn't it worth finding out? This is Amazon - if it doesn't work tell them their listing is wrong and they'll take it back.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1448 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post