Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3640048084

April 01, 2021, 07:51 PM
motor59
Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
LB, I know you're busy, but curious when you'll update the available/sold numbers. If you have a hard time making your quota, will you up the number of cases one can buy?

To be fair, he did say he was going out of town for a week... so I'd cut him some slack.

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re
April 02, 2021, 04:10 AM
TampaSIG
I will take 2 please. Email coming.
April 03, 2021, 06:03 PM
Legal Beagle
Thanks all for being patient! Having an awesome time at the JP Blue Steel Ranch and highly, highly recommend the precision rifle classes with Brian Whelen if you get a chance. Worthy of being on your bucket list.

As for ammo, my Coastie buddy and business partner has been working with the suppliers while I was gone and he texted me some awesome news. We couldn’t budge on pricing but our supplier lowered the minimum order for us AND bumped us to to July-August delivery cycle instead of December and raised the amount I can order.

What does that mean? Right now, the buy will happen! Second, I can up the number of cases each member can order from two to four. Third, we should have delivery in summer instead of winter! Finally, we’re working on building up an excellent relationship and that should reduce our prices and get us priority on ordering in the near future.

I will be back Tuesday to answer questions and help update numbers, have poor WiFi here. Best guess? 35 cases and going strong.

Oh, one more thing...

...we managed to get some 5.56 at $950/1000 delivered. Same timeframe as 9x19, will go regardless of how many purchased and we can go four cases per member as well.

Hope that made your Easter weekend!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
April 03, 2021, 07:54 PM
Butch 2340
Great job Legal Beagle, I'm good on FMJ but if you ever do a group buy on HP's I'm in.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

April 03, 2021, 09:39 PM
6guns
Thanks for the news!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
April 04, 2021, 12:20 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
Great job Legal Beagle, I'm good on FMJ but if you ever do a group buy on HP's I'm in.

Will do!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
April 04, 2021, 08:45 PM
Nev
Ouchie on the price.
But, still, I get it.
Glad I went cheap and deep OCD many years ago.
Then again, simple availability is everything these days.
This effort is nevertheless amazing and appreciated. I'll revisit the stash.
Tempted to jump on board.

---------------------------------
I know my nation best. That's why I despise it the most. And I know and love my own people too, the swine. I'm a patriot. A dangerous man --Edward Abbey

After one look at this planet any visitor from outer space would say "I want to see the manager." - William S. Burroughs
April 05, 2021, 04:01 PM
bobandmikako
I'll take 1 lot of 9mm. Email sent.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bobandmikako,

十人十色
April 06, 2021, 06:56 AM
wetdawg
I'll take it!

One lot of 9mm. Email in-bound.
Thank you for putting in the extra effort, and thanks Para for being the HOST that you are!
April 06, 2021, 09:26 AM
Legal Beagle
Thanks guys! I just got back from JP Blue Steel Ranch and will update everything this evening. Appreciate you all keeping this going!

April 08, 2021, 09:20 PM
Legal Beagle
Great news!!

My spreadsheet is updated and I worked hard with the supplier to drop prices.

We're now standing at $795/1000 for 9mm and $895/1000 for 5.56.

I've gotten a great deal of emails re payment and orders.

We're go on this project and I won't send invoices/payment requests until May 24, but please treat this like an "I'll take it!" on the forum and be ready to pay as soon as I invoice you.

This will let me continue to work down the pricing and not have to do adjustments/refunds.

Thanks so much for all of your support!!!

April 08, 2021, 09:32 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
LB, I know you're busy, but curious when you'll update the available/sold numbers. If you have a hard time making your quota, will you up the number of cases one can buy?

I just did, and we lowered the price AND we got 5.56! WIN WIN WIN!

April 08, 2021, 09:32 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by motor59:
quote:

To be fair, he did say he was going out of town for a week... so I'd cut him some slack.

It's worth waiting for, got new pricing for you AND 5.56! Big Grin

April 08, 2021, 09:34 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:

Bear in mind that shipping (hazmat) and taxes are included and this run is made of high-quality and well known components that represent the best value for members while still being competitive in shooting sports. (We’re using it as competitive shooters.)

Hazmat? This must be a typo as there is no hazmat on loaded ammunition.

Sure was, had it on my spreadsheet from when we were going to assemble the rounds here; we're now getting them completed from the supplier!

April 09, 2021, 11:39 PM
1lowlife
quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
Great news!!

My spreadsheet is updated and I worked hard with the supplier to drop prices.

We're now standing at $795/1000 for 9mm and $895/1000 for 5.56.

I've gotten a great deal of emails re payment and orders.

We're go on this project and I won't send invoices/payment requests until May 24, but please treat this like an "I'll take it!" on the forum and be ready to pay as soon as I invoice you.

This will let me continue to work down the pricing and not have to do adjustments/refunds.

Thanks so much for all of your support!!!

I'm sorry if I missed it, do the posted prices include shipping?
Thank you...1LL
April 10, 2021, 07:20 AM
DanH
Is the 62 gr 5.56mm green tip or have any steel in the bullet?
April 10, 2021, 07:25 AM
6guns
quote:
Thank you...1L

Yes

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
April 11, 2021, 12:08 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Is the 62 gr 5.56mm green tip or have any steel in the bullet?

No to both.

April 15, 2021, 08:03 AM
Bulldog7972
LegalBeagle, I'll take two lots for a total of 2K 9mm. Email to follow.
April 15, 2021, 11:15 AM
1lowlife
quote:
quote:
Thank you...1L

Yes

I'll take 1 lot of 1K of 9mm.
Email with info sent.