SIGforum
Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/3640048084

March 28, 2021, 04:00 PM
parabellum
Announcing the SIGforum 9mm and 5.56 Ammunition Group Buy
Forum member Legal Beagle has proposed a group buy of 124 grain 9x19mm and 62 grain 5.56x45mm ammunition of custom manufacture. He is offering up one hundred lots of one thousand rounds each, exclusively to members of SIGforum.

Like many of you, I'm fed up with things as they now stand with the availability of ammunition. We have a forum member who is doing something about it. What I've seen so far looks good to me. I'll let him fill you in on all the details. Ask all the questions you wish.

I've long counseled the laying in of supplies when available and inexpensive. Well, 'inexpensive' has gone by the wayside, at least for now, so we'll concentrate on the 'available' part of that.

Perhaps by the end of this year the commercial channels of ammunition will once again begin to flow but my gut tells me otherwise, and given the nutjobs in Washington right now, my advice to all of you is to make hay while the sun shines.

Mister Beagle, the floor is yours.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: parabellum,
March 28, 2021, 04:00 PM
Legal Beagle
LOWER PRICING UPDATE:

Great news!! We were able to negotiate terms with the supplier and are now at:

$795.00/1000 for 124 grain FMJ 9x19.
and
$895.00/1000 for 62 grain FMJ 5.56.

OUR PREORDER HAS CLOSED! Thanks to everyone!! Smile

What’s this about?

I’m starting a small, veteran-owned ammunition company with a USPSA competitive shooter (US Coast Guard veteran with deployable ops and firearms training experience, certified by USCG, USCCA and FLETC). Our goal is to make reasonably priced match grade ammunition in bulk and make it available to Sigforum members in member-exclusive runs.

We are offering two products:

A) One thousand (1000) brass-cased, bulk-packed, match grade, 124gr FMJ 9x19 rounds made with high quality components from industry-leading makers.

B) One thousand (1000) brass-cased, bulk-packed, 62gr FMJ 5.56x45 rounds made with high quality components from industry-leading makers.

How will this work?

We want to make sure you have the utmost confidence that we can deliver the product on time and on target in terms of quality. Para had some great questions for us to start with, and we’ve thought through the most transparent way to show our progress and ensure delivery.

1) We took pre-orders for forty-five days (45 days) from April 8 until May 23.

2) We collected funds from members at the close of business May 24.

3) Our order is being finalized!!

4) We originally planned for Christmas, but our supplier is working diligently to give SIGforum Christmas in July! We expect to start shipping July 31, 2021.

(It may take several weeks to get the entire shipping order complete, especially if we need to confirm shipping addresses or have changes).

I have more questions!

No problem! Reach out to me by email and I’ll be glad to answer them or give you my phone number so we can talk through the process.

THANK YOU! - Legal Beagle

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Legal Beagle,

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
March 28, 2021, 05:08 PM
Ronin1069
Wow!

Thank you for taking the lead on this. Fortunately I was one who heeded the warnings and bought early and often. That said, I will likely be in touch.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
March 28, 2021, 05:21 PM
Legal Beagle
Thanks for the support! Hopefully, this will help anyone caught off-guard and keep us all shooting!

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
March 28, 2021, 06:00 PM
rizzle
Will take one lot, email sent.
Thanks!
March 28, 2021, 06:19 PM
vthoky
I'd like one lot, please.
Email coming momentarily.

God bless America.
March 28, 2021, 06:26 PM
chongosuerte
I’m in for one. I’ll be in touch.

Hope this goes strong, excellent opportunity.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones
March 28, 2021, 06:27 PM
chbibc
I will take one lot, please! Email sent.

Thank you!

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.
March 28, 2021, 06:33 PM
Timdogg6
Email sent!
Thank you
Tim

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz
March 28, 2021, 06:35 PM
Legal Beagle
Thank you all for your early support! I’ll be emailing tomorrow with details; I really appreciate you believing in the project and helping get it started!

March 28, 2021, 06:42 PM
slosig
I do have one question: What happens if you are “oversubscribed”? Are you able to up the order to meet additional demand, or do the “Tail-End Charlies” have to wait for the next group buy?
March 28, 2021, 06:45 PM
h2oys
This might be a dumb question, but, are the cases reloadable brass or steel casing?

If brass cased I’ll take one.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: h2oys,
March 28, 2021, 07:10 PM
Jamess1
Email sent. Thanks.
March 28, 2021, 07:19 PM
Silent
I’ll take it.

Silent
March 28, 2021, 07:29 PM
mikeyspizza
Appreciate you doing this, but I'm good, thanks!
March 28, 2021, 07:51 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
I do have one question: What happens if you are “oversubscribed”? Are you able to up the order to meet additional demand, or do the “Tail-End Charlies” have to wait for the next group buy?

Great question! We can secure 100k this run, so I will reach out to each member in order to get payment. Once we hit 100k, I'll ask if members want to waitlist for the next group buy and work with the supplier to start another run of components and materials. The sooner we hit 100k, the sooner I can start negotiating a second contract!

March 28, 2021, 07:52 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
This might be a dumb question, but, are the cases reloadable copper or steel casing?

If copper cased I’ll take one.

Not a dumb question at all; it's brass-cased!

March 28, 2021, 07:53 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
Appreciate you doing this, but I'm good, thanks!

The support has been so great from everyone; thanks for the bump and the kind words!

March 28, 2021, 07:55 PM
sigfreund
quote:
This might be a dumb question, but, are the cases reloadable copper or steel casing?

quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
Each lot is comprised of one thousand (1000) brass-cased, bulk-packed, match grade, 124gr FMJ 9x19 rounds made with high quality components from industry-leading makers.

To my knowledge, ammunition has not been made with copper cases since the 19th century or thereabouts.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
March 28, 2021, 08:00 PM
Legal Beagle
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Legal Beagle:
Each lot is comprised of one thousand (1000) brass-cased, bulk-packed, match grade, 124gr FMJ 9x19 rounds made with high quality components from industry-leading makers.

To my knowledge, ammunition has not been made with copper cases since the 19th century or thereabouts.

With the increasing scarcity, I wouldn't be surprised if people start making ammunition out of anything they can get their hands on!

Fortunately, our supplier assures the highest quality components and this run will be reloadable brass-cased ammo. Smile