SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Captured a Thief Today.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Captured a Thief Today. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I help 2 vendors at a Flea Market on the weekends, for gas money and enjoy the company of friends, strangers and, their pets. Old guy I work with is kind and friendly to all. I helped unload his truck Friday night and among the items was 5 beautiful Taylor Made drivers. They were like new. They are just golf clubs to Joe so he sells them 2 bucks each or, 3 for 5 dollars. A pretty good deal. Today, I see a fella looking at those clubs so I thought to go help him and let him know we just got them in. I go around a Pods container to get to him and, I hear a lady vendor call my name. When I get around the Pod, the damn guy is half way across the parking lot with 3 drivers. WTF? Right in broad day light. I scooted across the lot and shouted to him. He stopped and I grabbed a hand full of graphite shafts and told him, "yer going back to pay for these." He was caught and embarrased when I told Joe the guy stole them. What a F'n doofus. He felt guilty and paid Joe $10.00 for the clubs. He had a stack of money so why steal the clubs. They were dirt cheap. What the hell is wrong with some people?

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
shows you the value they place on themselves. stealing $2.

My view on these things is it's not going to make the guy rich or the other guy poor. so it's just senseless greed.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19582 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good work! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Too bad it's not legal to kick him in the nuts, because that's what he deserved. Real hard too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Good for you on catching him, but why not call the police?

$10 is a lot cheaper than a lawyer and a criminal record. Sounds like he still got a hell of a deal.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I would have added a "shoplifter surcharge" of around $40.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Some folks just like to steal. I guess it's the danger or the thrill they get. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job! I agree a kick in the nads would be good but alas not quite legal.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
It never ceases to amaze me how low people will go. I had an acquaintance customer that I have bent over backwards for many times shoplift from my store. I couldn't believe he would have done that. An employee brought me the wrapper from a product (10.00 item) and i proceeded to review the CCTV footage. Sure enough this guy did this little dance of hiding the prodcut and removing it from the packaging and then hiding the packaging materials then leaving with it.

I ripped that and posted it on YouTube and emailed him a link to the video.

He didn't respond. A week went by and I sent it to him again and said that he needed to pay me for the items that he has stolen from me.

I got an email stating that he was sorry, that he had a problem, yada yada yada, and that he was seeking help for it. I got a 100.00 bill in the mail the next day from him so no telling what else he was responsible for taking that I didn't know about.

Irritating.

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Too bad it's not legal to kick him in the nuts, because that's what he deserved. Real hard too.

Just like this...

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL19bnetI1c

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
My wifes step daughter is a kleptomaniac and will steal anything that she can get her hands on. Little things like lighters, scotch tape and the like. She even lost a good job as a store manager for stealing for crying out loud. She just can't help herself. Needless to say she isn't allowed in our house anymore.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Taylor Made drivers are like $200-$400.... And he stole them for $2 each? I couldn't​ have give you that money fast enough. I'd go down to to play it again sports and sell them for $100 each.

Where did he get them so cheap???

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I help 2 vendors at a Flea Market on the weekends, for gas money and enjoy the company of friends, strangers and, their pets

sounds like a job I might like

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
Moron. They were already a steal at 10 times that price.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job!

Too bad one of the clubs didn't accidentally slip out of your hands only to make unfortunate but solid contact with the cretin's head.

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Taylor Made drivers are like $200-$400.... And he stole them for $2 each? I couldn't​ have give you that money fast enough. I'd go down to to play it again sports and sell them for $100 each.

Where did he get them so cheap???

That's what I was wondering too. I thought maybe I was reading it wrong.

Posts: 1179 | Registered: June 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Fellas, Joe and a couple others buy truck loads at the Goodwill auctions in Cincinnati. Some in Indiana. A lot of used junk and a lot of new and like new. Some of the bicycles and wheel chairs look like they never got used. He gives people good deals on the medical items as their insurence wont always cover the cost. One lady from Erlanger, Ky came in for a walker as her 17 year old son was shot through the hand, in his eye and it exited out the back of his skull. A total stranger to Joe and he hugged her, said he would pray for them and gave her the walker for free. Hes a good person, 77 years old, works hard for what he does.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
That boy I posted of was shot by one of his friends. He took a 45 Auto round. The internet news for February states they dont know who his friend is.

posted Hide Post
Good job. Some people steal for the heck of it. Some do it to see if they can get away with it. Either way, some people plain suck.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post