SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dept of Veterans Affairs - Million Veteran Program
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dept of Veterans Affairs - Million Veteran Program Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
Have any of you received a survey from the VA for this Million Veteran Program (MVP)?

Did you fill out the 10 page survey?

Did you allow them to draw blood for a DNA sample?

I received my survey today, and I am not sure I trust them with: 1. The information in the survey and 2. My DNA sample.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I received my survey today, and I am not sure I trust them with: 1. The information in the survey and 2. My DNA sample.

I would not trust the VA considering their historical record with privacy.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Two options.

(1) Rip the paperwork into pieces and throw away.

(2) Take paperwork to the range and use it as a target.

Concerning the DNA sample, I'd give them a stool sample instead.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Two options.

(1) Rip the paperwork into pieces and throw away.

(2) Take paperwork to the range and use it as a target.

Concerning the DNA sample, I'd give them a stool sample instead.

I would not even waste that on the VA.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Yeah, if I ever got one it would go into the trash with all the other worthless mail.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Well, I just found this hidden jewel in the paperwork: Grant access to both VA and civilian medical records Eek !

Fuck 'em.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dept of Veterans Affairs - Million Veteran Program

So they're trying to kill 1 mil of us, instead of just a few thousand?

quote:
Grant access to both VA and civilian medical records

Fuck them and the camel they fucked on the way in.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A speaker at a VFW meeting summed it up well. He said the Veterans Administration gives the veteran another chance to die for his country. He was met with applause.

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
First I've heard of it.

Fuck the VA. And every non-veteran worker they have (most).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
A speaker at a VFW meeting summed it up well. He said the Veterans Administration gives the veteran another chance to die for his country. He was met with applause.

I generally don't wear T-shirts to meetings, I try to dress a bit professional. I've been known to make exceptions when I know VA workers to be there. Recently I was attending a crisis intervention seminar that I knew would have a dozen VA counselors. This is the shirt I wore.

The VA counselors were bigger fans than anyone else there. No one is hiding their incompetence, they certainly aren't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13951 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great shirt.

posted Hide Post
I don't know about this. When I had heart problems last month and my daughter took me to the VA ER and they diagnosed my problem. My heart rate had dropped down to 17 and the nurses and doc sprang to action as soon as I got there. They put in a pacemaker later. Care was the best as far as I was able to determine. Today I am home and resuming my normal routine. Was I lucky or is our hospital above average. IDK? All I can truthfully say I am here. No bitching here.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post