SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This numbskull at the National Catholic Reporter wants to be knitting at the guillotine as conservatives are marched up and processed.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This numbskull at the National Catholic Reporter wants to be knitting at the guillotine as conservatives are marched up and processed. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted

I'm not normally one who writes in and calls to news organizations, but I think this guy needs do be mucking out porta-pots instead of writing for a Christian newspaper, and I'm going to explain that as thoroughly to his editor as I can.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
https://www.catholicculture.or...ex.cfm?storyid=16911

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Whether the church recognizes this publication or not, it's beyond inappropriate and is deserving of a reaction. As a community, we didn't appoint Jim Zumbo or Jerry Tsai to speak for us, and when they spoke wildly out of turn, they got tossed out on their asses.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
"Michael Sean Winters is the author of Left At the Altar: How Democrats Lost The Catholics And How Catholics Can Save The Democrats (Basic Books, 2008). His biography of the Rev. Jerry Falwell, God's Right Hand: How Jerry Falwell Made God a Republican and Baptized the American Right was published by Harper One in January 2012 to critical acclaim. He is a Visiting Fellow at Catholic University's Institute for Policy Research and Catholic Studies."

Yeah, not really worried about this chump's fantasy of murdering people during the revolution, cuz I'm sure he'll be one of the pussies on the sidelines anyway.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
In the past, speaking with my liberal family members and friends, it was always assumed the "Right" would be the ones preparing for the revolution and end of times.

Funny how times have changed.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's amazing how these lefties assume that they can make public statements like that but feel they would remain immune to (or protected from) violent retribution during a real conflict.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I'm pretty sure they don't understand what a 'revolution' entails...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Revolution" and "knitting?" In their own diseased minds, nevermind the sillyness of a violent revolution happening, do they actually consider themselves tough?

There are no safe spaces in a firefight D-bag and the only thing I will be "knitting" together is a combined arms operation plan.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Don't care about the knitting.

What boils my blood is that he so smugly thinks he is on the just side and that Trump supporters deserve death and has no inkling about how wrong he is.

This is the type of person who should be plucked from the gene pool. When you're so completely wrong and you allow for no room to be proven you're wrong.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Don't care about the knitting.

What boils my blood is that he so smugly thinks he is on the just side and that Trump supporters deserve death and has no inkling about how wrong he is.

I see this more and more nowadays. The left is getting so overtly hateful to the point where it sounds as though they would gladly herd conservatives into gas chambers.

The Holocaust was not perpetrated by 'monsters.' It was done by humans. And those same types of humans exist today (the ones who cry 'tolerance' yet react violently to any opposing viewpoint or idea) .

Of course, their 'revolution' will go very badly for them, as we have all the weapons (except for the random unregistered knitting needle).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Oh, he's another Madame DeFarge, alright - another useless, self-centered old woman with nothing to offer but spite and no one to offer it to except people who have no reason to give a damn.

But he's sure read Dickens!!!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
The left is getting so overtly hateful to the point where it sounds as though they would gladly herd conservatives into gas chambers.

That's why I tell everybody that you have to spin the fantasies the left says 180 degrees to see the reality.

Notice who they claim the fascists are? 180 degrees points us to reality.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to break the bad news to him, but when the revolution comes, he's probably going to be one of the ones found hanging from a tree somewhere, albeit with a really nice sweater on...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
The Holocaust was not perpetrated by 'monsters.' It was done by humans. And those same types of humans exist today (the ones who cry 'tolerance' yet react violently to any opposing viewpoint or idea) .

Interesting parallel here: It was done by humans who thought they were doing the dirty work to lay the grounds for a grand world to follow. I recently watched a documentary about the Einsatzkommando and they interviewed a Ukrainian volunteer SS kommando who killed women and babies, and he equated it to the things done in the Crusades, and that he did what he had to do in order to save his society from a looming threat. I think a lot of the people doing the killing back then likely thought the same, and we're seeing it again today.

delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:

Interesting parallel here: It was done by humans who thought they were doing the dirty work to lay the grounds for a grand world to follow. I recently watched a documentary about the Einsatzkommando and they interviewed a Ukrainian volunteer SS kommando who killed women and babies, and he equated it to the things done in the Crusades, and that he did what he had to do in order to save his society from a looming threat. I think a lot of the people doing the killing back then likely thought the same, and we're seeing it again today.

...and it all starts with collective condemnation....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was the best of times it was the worst of times. Boy another literary genius! Guess he read the book in 9th grade.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That the side he wants to be on during a violent societal shift? The "guns scare us" team?

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rsbolo:
That the side he wants to be on during a violent societal shift? The "guns scare us" team?

The pink mist team

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
This motherfucker is toast at event plus 30 minutes. And thats generous. I'll give him 30 minutes in the apocalypse, before someone with sense punches his ticket.

Hard to knit and watch the guillotine kill conservatives when you are a bloated, stinking corpse on the side of a highway. I guess he can watch the flies circling his eyeballs.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Revolution is coming but you are on the wrong side.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post