SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Brilliant Colin Noir video on "Media Control" to prevent school shootings
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brilliant Colin Noir video on "Media Control" to prevent school shootings Login/Join 
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted
I hope somebody can imbed this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypAx4W8bxkQ

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
For your viewing pleasure... Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of KurtZ66
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Well said.

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’

— Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

Posts: 413 | Location: GA | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Outstanding!!!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
"Attention seeking is at an all time high" that really resonated with me.

One of the things I used to tell parents when I was teaching middle school is many (if not all) behaviors displayed by kids is about attention. Also, children often do not distinguish between negative and positive attention.

The media, and those who seem to bask in it, work in it, or profit by it, are roughly around 12 mentally/socially.

Duh, right? I don't know why that impacted me so.

Excellent video.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Excellent video.

He got me as he intended to when he talked about passing new 1st ad laws. I was relieved once he circled back and made his point. Very well done.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3849 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Common sense legislation-based restrictions on reporting about mass murders...

... seem entirely reasonable to me.

If only to listen to the media loosing their collective minds.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
This video well thought out and executed.
When Colin was spouting that the Gov't pass "sensible laws" about reporting them > I cringed.
Then he brought it home with a bang.
Spot on! Smile

Posts: 22898 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I immediately knew where he was going, since I've used the same tactic myself in other, more politically mixed forums than this.

quote:
Originally posted by SpinZone:
Excellent video.

He got me as he intended to when he talked about passing new 1st ad laws. I was relieved once he circled back and made his point. Very well done.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree with him like usual.

On a much lesser scale remember how often people were jumping onto sports fields and running around like idiots. They finally quit showing them on TV and didn’t talk about them. Now it’s a very rare occurrence even though attention seekers are at an all time high.

The liberal media could never pull that off when guns are involved. Just like how fast the last Texas shooting has fallen out of the limelight so fast because the kid used a shotgun and a revolver.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Mom said it a lot of years ago: Stop making people famous for doing bad things, and there will be fewer people trying to outdo them.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
When Colin was spouting that the Gov't pass "sensible laws" about reporting them > I cringed.
Spot on! Smile

Yep, nice twist and well executed. I definitely cringed.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Spot on! Smile

Yep, nice twist and well executed. I definitely cringed.

It has been a long day and I wasn’t expecting the twist so I actually shut it off then I read all the comments here and finished it.

Very well done!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25408 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do we get the media to quit the constant broadcasting of these kids so we don't make a popular sport, who can kill the most. And let's stop seeing David Hogg on TV, I am sick of him.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Follow up video is just as good.

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/lBD6cPcF8Uw

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Both excellent videos. You can't get more down to the point than that.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post