SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell me about the Jeep 4.0 Six
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell me about the Jeep 4.0 Six Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
There is enough blur detail to tell that it is a late 1980s, possibly early 1990s, fuel-injected.

So, early enough (possibly) to pre-date the Chrysler dumb-down of the engine?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
The 4.0 is right up there with the Ford 4.9 6 as two of the best engines ever made in my opinion!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Yes, in fact, it looks more AMC (87-89 with "Renix"* fuel injection) than Chrysler (1990). Uncover the other side, with the distributor. If nothing else, it's a rebuildable core.

*Portmanteau of Renault (with whom AMC was in bed with in their last days) and Bendix.
quote:
So, early enough (possibly) to pre-date the Chrysler dumb-down of the engine?

Posts: 27957 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
quote:
The 4.0 is right up there with the Ford 4.9 6 as two of the best engines ever made in my opinion!

The Chev 4.3 ain't bad either! Wink

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post