SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I had to go to an Urgent Care today, lost hearing in left ear. Update.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had to go to an Urgent Care today, lost hearing in left ear. Update. Login/Join 
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tommy. The worst I believe is over, even 50% hearing is manageable. My daughter stopped over yesterday and I did an oil change on her SUV with no vertigo and was able to talk afterwards with turning my good ear to hear what she was saying.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My only apparent accomplishment in life is being banned from an ancient forum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I have Meniere's Disease, got it from my mother's side of the family. I have almost no hearing in my left ear. The worst of it is behind me, but in my thirties, the vertigo and horrible, horrible nausea got so bad, I actually contemplated suicide. I'm not talking the kind of spins that you get when you've had far too much to drink. I'm talking about vertigo so bad- for hours- that's it's simply not possible to describe it. Vomiting until dry heaves. Absolutely the worst experience of my adult life. A lingering trip through Hell.

All of that is behind me now. It began to subside in my early forties, and though I have constant tinnitus and permanent hearing loss, it's manageable. Up until recently, my right ear was perfectly normal, but now I have age-related tinnitus in it. It's a bit depressing, but not the end of the world.

That sounds pretty horrific.

I had BPPV about 8 years ago for a week and that was bad enough.

Posts: 166 | Location: Washington State | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, I just saw this. I can relate, at least a bit, to those of you plagued by this awful disease.

My wife, in her 40s, started experiencing nausea, vomiting and terrible vertigo. Lots of tests, but she was finally diagnosed with Meniere's, though there was little that she or the docs could do about it. She'd get hit with the symptoms, so bad he could not go to work or do anything at all. One of the worst parts was that she really had no advanced notice that darned stuff was coming on-just, all of a sudden, there it was.

She suffered with it often thru her 50s, then in her sixties (now 67) it began to lessen-she still gets the symptoms, just not as often.

Bob

Posts: 1575 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
Yes it’s not the end of the world but after a while it just kinda wears you out............

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear it is clearing up.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post