SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    CC Theft, with a twist
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
CC Theft, with a twist Login/Join 
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
They will also contact the carrier (say FedEx) delivering it and ask for it to be held at the FedEx store and then go pick it up.

I know when I've picked stuff up at UPS or Fedex hubs they want picture ID.

Picture IDs are really easy to fake.

Last time I picked up a package from the fed-ex hub, they didn't have me take the ID out of my wallet. I know, it's a window wallet, and that's why they're there. but fake ID's are even easier to pass off when the person verifying it doesn't even touch the damn thing.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 08 Cayenne:
Seems like a lot of risk and trouble to get a couple lap tops and some stereo equipment.

Not if it's a professional criminal that is doing it to a 100 different people in a month, and getting 100's of items they can sell quickly for several hundred bucks each.

posted Hide Post
I'm blessed where I live: the sticks. I visit a lot of homes in my work (tax assessor), and twice last week I found unattended deliveries in front of houses. Both places were pretty isolated - 300' driveways leading from very lightly used roads. I knock on the door, do my work with the owner, and at the end I ask if they know about the package out front. "Oh, thanks, I'll get it in a bit."

It's nice living where the squirrels are more of a danger to the package than the thieves are.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Report This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
I live in a small neighbor hood with only 8 houses, mostly elderly couples, very quite place. I am the only one on the block with a security system that I advertise with signs and visible siren/strobe. I still find it hard to believe they will come to my house. My wife is at work today. With that said I currenly have 2 empty shipping boxes on my front porch as bait. If they show they will get one hell of a suprise.

Posts: 1580 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Another thing they can do is once it's in shipping, re-route it to another address or do a hub pickup. Sometimes they know someone that works at the hub and that's how they get the merchandise and it never gets to the card holders house, BUT to the credit card company it looks like a normal purchase.