SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What happened to Greg Cote?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Greg Cote? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I'll take a guess at what's going on. A DNS can be configured to deny access to certain websites. Maybe the DNS that is being used by your network access device (modem or router) is configured to deny access to gun-related sites, including Greg Cote's site.

If that is true though, I do not understand why you are able to reach SIGforum.

Let's see if we can help you, one step at a time. Have you tried clearing your browser's cache?

Note to Monkey -- feel free to step in here, I think that you know quite a bit more about networking than I do.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

quote:
Another trick that might work for you -- instead of trying to get to Greg Cote's website by typing the domain name -- GregCoteLLC.com -- in your browser window, try typing his IP address: 72.52.171.145 -- that should take you directly to his website without the need for Domain Name translation.

This is what I get:
quote:
Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://72.52.171.145
Search for "http://72.52.171.145" on Bing
Refresh the page
Details
This website could not be found.
Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

YOu didn't say which browser you are using but I speculate it is Edge since this is an commonm error with it. YOu can take a the easy route and try another browser beside MS Edge. Or fix by following the directions on this link - Fix

Posts: 1039 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
YOu didn't say which browser you are using but I speculate it is Edge since this is an commonm error with it. YOu can take a the easy route and try another browser beside MS Edge. Or fix by following the directions on this link - Fix

Yes, it is Microsoft Edge. I'll try out the suggestion soon.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post