SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What happened to Greg Cote?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to Greg Cote? Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
The last several times I've tried, including just now, I get "Hmm … can't seem to reach this page."

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Works fine from here.

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Just opened the home page.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Well, this is weird.

He has a particular CZ magazine I want, a 15-round factory for the P-01/PCR/Compact (normal is 14), at a reasonable price. Now I'm ready to get one and I can't reach him.

Posts: 27836 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Works for me too.

Try restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, then try clearing the cookies in your browser.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Link

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
link works fine and typing in the address works fine too.

Posts: 1217 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by am94pm:
link works fine and typing in the address works fine too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said....

Posts: 970 | Location: Virginia | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

I'll worry about it later.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It works for me connecting via regular connection and connecting via VPN.

The reason that I mention that is some websites block the VPN service I use (must be a few nefarious subscribers using it too) so I have to turn off the VPN and connect. Sometimes that doesn't work and I switch from Firefox to Safari and for some reason a website opens.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Could be a DNS issue. If you have access to another connection (cell phone data instead of landline or vice versa), you might try there.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Try a different internet browser. Most computers will have a few installed

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Dumb question: Are you using the correct URL?

This one? http://gregcotellc.com

If that doesn't work, just email him, he responds quickly: gusaoz@yahoo.com

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Does it load on your phone or a different pc?

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

Are you using the Chrome browser? Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No idea why you are having a problem, orders are coming in. Are you trying to access the website from a work computer? Some companies block my website because of they don't like firearm related websites. If it still doesn't work for you just give me a call and you can place the order over the phone.

Thanks,

Greg
Phone 443-321-4676 or 904-525-8821

GregCoteLLC.com

Posts: 8606 | Registered: April 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Order placed - albeit for a different magazine than I mentioned - but I had to use my work computer. On my personal computer, it tells me there is a DNS error, whatever that is.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
DNS = Domain Name Server.

Internet routing is done by IP (Internet Protocol) address. These are numerical addresses. For example, SIGforum.com's IP address is 199.255.145.143, google.com's IP address is 64.233.185.139. It would be pretty unwieldy for us to have to use these numerical addresses, so we use domain names.

Names are easier for humans to use, numerical addresses work better for computers.

A Domain Name Server is a service out there in internet-land, that translates a name, like SIGforum.com, into the corresponding IP address, like 199.255.145.143.

When you type a Domain Name into the address bar in your browser, a request is generated to a Domain Name Server (DNS) to find the IP address.

There are many Domain Name Servers out there. Your ISP probably set one (two, actually, a primary and a backup) in your cable modem if you use cable service for your internet connection. You can change this, and specify a different DNS.

One popular DNS that is not associated with an ISP is Google's DNS service. It's IP address is 8.8.8.8

If you are getting DNS errors, you might try clearing the cache in your browser. That will initiate a new request for DNS translation, and it will be updated.

Another trick that might work for you -- instead of trying to get to Greg Cote's website by typing the domain name -- GregCoteLLC.com -- in your browser window, try typing his IP address: 72.52.171.145 -- that should take you directly to his website without the need for Domain Name translation.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

quote:
Another trick that might work for you -- instead of trying to get to Greg Cote's website by typing the domain name -- GregCoteLLC.com -- in your browser window, try typing his IP address: 72.52.171.145 -- that should take you directly to his website without the need for Domain Name translation.

This is what I get:
quote:
Hmmm...can’t reach this page
Try this
Make sure you’ve got the right web address: http://72.52.171.145
Search for "http://72.52.171.145" on Bing
Refresh the page
Details
This website could not be found.
Error Code: INET_E_RESOURCE_NOT_FOUND

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

posted Hide Post
I am unable to get into the CZ store website.
It is a server/security issue.

Posts: 1652 | Location: SC | Registered: December 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post