SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Woman's tarmac tirade forces everyone off Spirit Airlines plane
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Woman's tarmac tirade forces everyone off Spirit Airlines plane Login/Join 
posted
Hmmmm. Filmed herself being "deplaned". She also suggests a name change for the airlines in the process. LINK: http://abc7chicago.com/travel/...lines-plane/3464626/

There is a brief video with the story.

A passenger's rant onboard a Spirit Airlines plane is going viral on social media.

Passenger Safira Allen had apparently missed an earlier flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas on May 1. Airline officials said Allen ran down the boarding ramp of another Spirit flight to Vegas and took a seat that wasn't ticketed to her.

When the gate agent tried to remove her from the flight, Allen refused and instead fired up her cellphone to take her story to Facebook Live.

In her video, which has landed millions of views on Facebook, Allen goes on a tirade about the airline's name, among other things.

"Y'all going to use Jesus' name, the Holy Spirit? That's got to change, y'all need to be called something else. Y'all need to change y'all name because nothing Holy Spirit about this airline."

Minutes into the rant, a crew member on the flight is heard telling other passengers that they will have to deplane to redo the boarding process, which prompted a negative response from many onboard.

"If I can't go to Las Vegas, Nevada, neither can y'all!" Allen is heard telling the passengers as they exit.

Atlanta police are eventually seen boarding the plane to remove Allen, who gets her bag and finally leaves her seat, but she keeps her Facebook Live rolling.

Allen later apologized on her page and said the Atlanta Police Department arrested her for trespassing.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep

Posts: 107558 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
"If I can't go to Las Vegas, Nevada, neither can y'all!" Allen is heard telling the passengers as they exit.
And that right there says just about everything you need to know about current society. Too bad every single person forced to de-plane because of this nitwit didn't get to smack her on the way out.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
And that right there says just about everything you need to know about current society. Too bad every single person forced to de-plane because of this nitwit didn't get to smack her on the way out.

Consistent with victim entitlement mentality. And unless and until society applies real consequences to this selfish stupidity, such incidents will only grow.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Ah, Spirit, the subway of the skies.

Posts: 6349 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Spirit? She drunk.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zoom6zoom:
Spirit? She drunk.

Would you fly with them sober??? Then again Ive never been drunk enough to book a flight with Spirit. Pretty sure I would black out long before I did something that stupid.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
A little background:

As they say here. A real piece of work. Sista just reaching out from behind prison walls!!

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sounded like a terror threat to me. Wish it were dealt with that way

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Todays' problems worsened when people have no fear of consequences. In the past, one would run the risk of a well deserved beating - or more - for being an asshat. Few seem willing to administer consequences anymore.

I for one will take every opportunity to shell out a little enlightenment.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
this could have been solved with a bean bag round to the face.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last time I was in a major airport, the concourses looked like a third world country. The Americans looked like that. Not foreign visitors. My last flight looked like the bus ride scene from Romancing The Stone.
Air travel = Flying bus.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16086 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
Those American Spirit cigarettes ain’t holy neither!

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How's the small claims work in GA? Now I know she's flying Spirit and acting the fool and unlikely to be worth more than a trip to the salon but ya never know. At the very least this kind of foolishness should land a person on the no fly list.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
"Hello World...... I am a beautiful super down to earth love to live life type of chick, extremely goal oriented, articulate , hardworking, loving, caring and never afraid to place someone else's needs before my own.

I love being a mother to my little princess, serving God with all my heart, and from serving 10 years in the Army, I've developed a passion for traveling, meeting new people, and working out. I'm super funny and love to laugh. I'm very open minded, and open to fun.

I love to write and I always keep it real, because life is to precious to waste. There is no disappointment my way; so if your serious about being serious .... Holla @ Me...."

Hm. I didn't hear articulate at all from her...

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of skonie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
this could have been solved with a bean bag round to the face.

I like the way you think. I was going to suggest a taser to the mouth would be fitting.

Posts: 1513 | Location: NV | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I see a lifetime of bus rides in her future.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Think of all the passengers who were legitimately on the plane awaiting takeoff and were forced to deplane and then redo the boarding process.

My opinion is that Ms Safira Allen should be forced to stand by the boarding door and as each inconvenienced passenger files by her she must apologize, and each passenger should bitch slap the crap out of her. Additionally, she should have to pay compensation to any who missed a connecting flight or destination time of appointment.

This sort of crap from the gimme gimme gimme entitled perpetually offended ones must be dealt with swiftly and without mercy. Make it hurt or this will only get worse as time goes by.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Passenger Safira Allen had apparently missed an earlier flight from Atlanta to Las Vegas on May 1. Airline officials said Allen ran down the boarding ramp of another Spirit flight to Vegas and took a seat that wasn't ticketed to her.

I don't get it...how was she able to get on the plane if she wasn't supposed to be there?? Bullied her way on? Is there no security at all, three warnings to deplane and that's it...taser and remove (standard procedure for all US flights), banned from flying that airline for life. TSA should keep records on flyers who disturb flights and ban them, or require a $500,000.00 bond that if the passenger causes any unnecessary delay of a flight for any reason they automatically forfeit the money and it goes to all the other passengers who had to endure the crazy antics. If they cannot afford the bond they don't get to fly. There is no "right to fly" in our constitution.

Commercial Airlines are not publicly funded entities, and therefore should enforce industry standard rules of conduct for passengers that are necessary for safe and efficient operation at all times, if anyone cannot follow these rules and contributes to any safety or operational hazards they should be immediately removed from the fight (preferably tasered first).

Posts: 3232 | Location: Middle Earth, Rivendell | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post