SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    173rd Airborne LRRP Ranger & Attack Helicopter Crews - Photos
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

173rd Airborne LRRP Ranger & Attack Helicopter Crews - Photos Login/Join 
posted
This is a really cool "video", it is all stills but great shots of weapons/troops/helicopters. At 5:40 there is a great shot of a customized CAR (or something like it), I've never seen. Enjoy.

Posts: 2044 | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Looks to me like an AK gripstock stuck on a GAU-5

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Loved it. Photos really depicted the way it was. If there are any Airborne folks out there looking for bobtail 1911 grips with jump wings send me a note.

Posts: 76 | Location: Florida | Registered: February 23, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
Looks to me like an AK gripstock stuck on a GAU-5

Minus the 'moderator'. I always wondered if anyone took it off.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Great clips....really enjoyed it! Thanks for posting!

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Very cool.

My high school Aerospace teacher flew armed Hueys and transitioned to Cobras not long after they came into Vietnam. Every year, he'd show each new class a slide show of his tour.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
That’s a very cool video, thanks much!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post